Product Pathways - Neuroscience
EGR3 Antibody #2559
|W||H M R||Endogenous||50||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
EGR3 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total EGR3 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Phe160 of human EGR3 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Early growth response 3 (EGR3) is a zinc finger transcription factor and one of four members of the early growth response family (1). Members of this family are basally expressed in the brain (2) and are immediate early response genes that are important for the induction of cellular programs of differentiation, proliferation, and cell death in response to environmental stimuli (1). EGR3 plays important roles in cellular growth and neuronal development (2) and an essential role in learning and memory processing of both short- and long-term hippocampus-dependent memory; it also mediates adaptation to stress and novelty (3). Research studies show that a lack of EGR3 results in abnormal neuronal and T cell development (4).
- Kumbrink, J. et al. (2010) J Cell Biochem 111, 207-17.
- Kim, S.H. et al. (2010) Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 153B, 1355-60.
- Zhang, R. et al. (2012) PLoS One 7, e30237.
- Suehiro, J. et al. (2010) Blood 115, 2520-32.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.