Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
RhoGDI Antibody #2564
|W IF-IC F||H M R B||Endogenous||26 kDa||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat B=Bovine
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
RhoGDI Antibody detects endogenous levels of total RhoGDI protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to human RhoGDI. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Flow cytometric analysis of HeLa cells, using RhoGDI Antibody (blue) compared to a nonspecific negative control antibody (red).
Immunofluorescent analysis of HeLa cells, showing cytosolic and perinuclear staining, using RhoGDI Antibody.
Rho family small GTPases, including Rho, Rac and cdc42, act as molecular switches, regulating processes such as cell migration, adhesion, proliferation and differentiation. They are activated by guanine nucleotide exchange factors (GEFs), which catalyze the exchange of bound GDP for GTP, and inhibited by GTPase activating proteins (GAPs), which catalyze the hydrolysis of GTP to GDP. A third level of regulation is provided by the stoichiometric binding of Rho GDP dissociation inhibitor (RhoGDI). RhoGDI affects Rho activity by inhibiting nucleotide exchange and membrane association, regulating activity and localization (Reviewed in 1, 2). The inhibitory and shuttling functions of RhoGDI have been uncoupled using mutant forms of RhoGDI (3). Phosphorylation of GDIs and/or GTPases can modulate their affinity for each other and, therefore, GTPase mediated signaling. PAK1 phosphorylation of RhoGDI at serines 101 and 174 causes release and activation of Rac1, but not RhoA (4).
- DerMardirossian, C. and Bokoch, G.M. (2005) Trends Cell Biol 15, 356-63.
- Dovas, A. and Couchman, J.R. (2005) Biochem J 390, 1-9.
- Dransart, E. et al. (2005) J Biol Chem 280, 4674-83.
- DerMardirossian, C. et al. (2004) Mol Cell 15, 117-27.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.