Product Pathways - Development
TCF4 (C48H11) Rabbit mAb #2569
|2569S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2569P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2569||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human||Endogenous||58, 79||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, ChIP=Chromatin IP
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Mouse, Chicken.
Specificity / Sensitivity
TCF4 (C48H11) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total TCF4 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Leu330 of human TCF4.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell types using TCF4 (C48H11) Rabbit mAb.
Chromatin immunoprecipitations were performed with cross-linked chromatin from 4 x 106 HCT 116 cells and either 10 μl of TCF4 (C48H11) Rabbit mAb or 2 μl of Normal Rabbit IgG #2729 using SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads) #9003. The enriched DNA was quantified by real-time PCR using SimpleChIP® Human CaMK2D Intron 3 Primers #5111, human c-Myc promoter primers, and SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers #4486. The amount of immunoprecipitated DNA in each sample is represented as signal relative to the total amount of input chromatin, which is equivalent to one.
LEF1 and TCF are members of the high mobility group (HMG) DNA binding protein family of transcription factors that consists of the following: Lymphoid Enhancer Factor 1 (LEF1), T Cell Factor 1 (TCF1), TCF3, and TCF4 (1). LEF1 and TCF1 were originally identified as important factors regulating early lymphoid development (2) and act downstream in Wnt signaling. LEF1 and TCF bind to Wnt response elements to provide docking sites for β-catenin, which translocates to the nucleus to promote the transcription of target genes upon activation of Wnt signaling (3). LEF1 and TCF are dynamically expressed during development and aberrant activation of the Wnt signaling pathway is involved in many types of cancers including colon cancer (4,5).
TCF4, also known as TCF7L2, is expressed widely during development. Gene targeting studies indicate that TCF4 is required to maintain the crypt stem cells of the small intestine (6,7). TCF4 has several splicing isoforms that are expressed differentially in tissues and during cancer progression (8,9). Studies also indicate that a variant of the TCF4 gene confers an increased risk of type 2 diabetes (10).
- Waterman, M.L. Cancer Metastasis Rev 23, 41-52.
- Schilham, M.W. and Clevers, H. (1998) Semin Immunol 10, 127-32.
- Brantjes, H. et al. (2002) Biol Chem 383, 255-61.
- Reya, T. and Clevers, H. (2005) Nature 434, 843-50.
- Logan, C.Y. and Nusse, R. (2004) Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol 20, 781-810.
- Cho, E.A. and Dressler, G.R. (1998) Mech. Dev. 77, 9-18.
- Korinek, V. et al. (1998) Nat. Genet. 19, 379-383.
- Howng, S.L. et al. (2004) Int. J. Oncol. 25, 1685-1692.
- Shiina, H. et al. (2003) Clin. Cancer Res. 9, 2121-2132.
- Grant, S.F. et al. (2006) Nat. Genet. 38, 320-323.
- Frietze, S. et al. (2012) Genome Biol 13, R52. Applications: Chromatin IP.
- Koga, H. et al. (2012) PLoS One 7, e39981. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Norton, L. et al. (2011) Diabetologia 54, 3132-42. Applications: Western Blotting, Chromatin IP.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2151 Axin2 (76G6) Rabbit mAb
- 9561 Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser33/37/Thr41) Antibody
- 9565 Phospho-β-Catenin (Thr41/Ser45) Antibody
- 9564 Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser45) Antibody
- 9562 β-Catenin Antibody
- 9581 β-Catenin Antibody (Amino-terminal Antigen)
- 9587 β-Catenin Antibody (Carboxy-terminal Antigen)
- 9582 β-Catenin (6B3) Rabbit mAb
- 3216 Dvl2 Antibody
- 3224 Dvl2 (30D2) Rabbit mAb
- 3218 Dvl3 Antibody
- 2230 LEF1 (C12A5) Rabbit mAb
- 2286 LEF1 (C18A7) Rabbit mAb
- 2262 Naked1 Antibody
- 2201 Naked1 (C30F10) Rabbit mAb
- 2206 TCF1 (C46C7) Rabbit mAb
- 2203 TCF1 (C63D9) Rabbit mAb
- 2565 TCF4 (C9B9) Rabbit mAb
- 2391 Wnt3a Antibody
- 2392 Wnt5a Antibody
- 2530 Wnt5a/b (C27E8) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
This antibody is developed, validated, and produced by CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063) from Epitomics, Inc.