Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
Heregulin Antibody #2573
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Heregulin Antibody detects endogenous levels of total heregulin proteins. The antibody does not cross-react with other family members.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding His494 of human heregulin. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Heregulin (HRG), also called neuregulin (NRG1), neu differentiation factor (NDF) or glial growth factor-2 (GGF-2), is a soluble growth factor synthesized as a transmembrane precursor molecule. Metalloproteinases and other proteases catalyze the cleavage of its extracellular domain which is then released and functions as a ligand for ErbB3 and ErbB4 receptor tyrosine kinase. The signaling pathways of HRG-ErbB3/ErbB4 are involved in regulation of cell proliferation, differentiation, invasion, and survival of both normal and malignant tissues (1,2). Abnormality of HRG-ErbB signaling leads to development of a variety of human diseases.HRG family has four isoforms including HRG-1, -2, -3 and -4, which are derived from alternative exon splicing. Moreover, they showed various tissue expression and biological activities (3).
- Breuleux, M. (2007) Cell Mol Life Sci 64, 2358-77.
- Ozaki, M. et al. (2004) J Neurochem 91, 176-88.
- Falls, D.L. (2003) Exp Cell Res 284, 14-30.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2232 EGF Receptor Antibody
- 2165 HER2/ErbB2 (29D8) Rabbit mAb
- 4754 HER3/ErbB3 (1B2E) Rabbit mAb
- 4795 HER4/ErbB4 (111B2) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.