Product Pathways - Metabolism
Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser332/336) Antibody #2580
|2580S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2580||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Human, Mouse.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser332/336) Antibody detects transfected levels of IRS-1 when phosphorylated at Ser332/336. It also detects IRS-1 protein when singly phosphorylated at Ser332 or Ser336 of human IRS-1. This antibody does not cross-react with other related phosphoproteins.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser332/336 of mouse IRS-1 (equivalent to Ser337/341 of human IRS-1). Antibodies are purified by peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of cell extracts from CHO cells overexpressing insulin receptor and IRS-1, untreated or treated with insulin, using Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser332/336) Antibody (upper and middle) or IRS-1 Antibody #2382 (lower). The middle blot was treated with calf intestinal phosphatase (CIP) before antibody probing.
Insulin receptor substrate 1 (IRS-1) is one of the major substrates of the insulin receptor kinase (1). IRS-1 contains multiple tyrosine phosphorylation motifs that serve as docking sites for SH2-domain containing proteins that mediate the metabolic and growth-promoting functions of insulin (2-4). IRS-1 also contains over 30 potential serine/threonine phosphorylation sites. Ser307 of IRS-1 is phosphorylated by JNK (5) and IKK (6) while Ser789 is phosphorylated by SIK-2, a member of the AMPK family (7). The PKC and mTOR pathways mediate phosphorylation of IRS-1 at Ser612 and Ser636/639, respectively (8,9). Phosphorylation of IRS-1 at Ser1101 is mediated by PKCθ and results in an inhibition of insulin signaling in the cell, suggesting a potential mechanism for insulin resistance in some models of obesity (10).
GSK-3-mediated IRS-1 serine phosphorylation leads to inhibition of insulin-stimulated IRS-1 signaling. Ser332 and Ser336 of IRS-1 are situated in a glycogen synthase kinase-3 (GSK-3) consensus motif (SXXXS), and it has been shown that Ser332 is the actual GSK-3 phosphorylation site while Ser336 provides a " priming" site necessary for GSK-3 action (11).
- Sun, X.J. et al. (1991) Nature 352, 73-77.
- Sun, X.J. et al. (1992) J. Biol. Chem. 267, 22662-22672.
- Myers Jr., M.G. et al. (1993) Endocrinology 132, 1421-1430.
- Wang, L.M. et al. (1993) Science 261, 1591-1594.
- Rui, L. et al. (1997) J. Clin. Invest. 107, 181-189.
- Gao, Z. et al. (2002) J. Biol. Chem. 277, 48115-48121.
- Horike, N. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278, 18440-18447.
- Ozes, O.N. et al. (2001) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 98, 4640-4645.
- De Fea, K. and Ruth, R.A. (1997) Biochemistry 36, 12939-12947.
- Li, Y. et al. (2004) J. Biol. Chem. 279, 45304-45307.
- Liberman, Z. and Eldar-Finkelman, H. (2005) J. Biol. Chem. 280, 4422-4428.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3194 IRS-1 (L3D12) Mouse mAb
- 2382 IRS-1 Antibody
- 3193 Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser612) (L7B8) Mouse mAb
- 2491 Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser302) (34C7) Rabbit mAb
- 2381 Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser307) Antibody
- 2384 Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser302) Antibody
- 2386 Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser612) Antibody
- 2388 Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser636/639) Antibody
- 2389 Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser789) Antibody
- 2385 Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser1101) Antibody
- 3089 IRS-2 (L1326) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 3066 Phospho-IRS-1 (Tyr1222) Antibody
- 3077 Phospho-Met (Tyr1234/1235) (D26) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3203 Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser612) (C15H5) Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.