Product Pathways - Phosphatases
Phospho-PP1α (Thr320) Antibody #2581
|2581S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2581||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||38||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin)
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-PP1α (Thr320) Antibody detects PP1α only when phosphorylated at Thr320. This antibody may cross-react with the phosphorylated δ or γ isoforms of PP1.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Thr320 of human PP1α. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of Recombinant PP1α, incubated with or without cdc2 protein kinase in the presence of ATP and kinase assay buffer at 30ºC for 30 minutes, using Phospho-PP1α (Thr320) Antibody (upper) or control PP1α Antibody #2582 (lower).
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa cells, asynchronous (lane 1), G2/M (lane 2) or released from G2/M for 6 hours (lane 3), using Phospho-PP1α (Thr320) Antibody (upper) or PP1α Antibody #2582 (lower).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma, showing nuclear localization, using Phospho-PP1α (Thr320) Antibody.
Type 1 protein phosphatase (PP1), a serine/threonine phosphatase, is highly conserved in eukaryotic cells. Four isoforms of PP1 have been characterized: PP1α, PP1δ, PP1γ1 and PP1γ2 (1). Involvement in cell cycle regulation is one of the biological functions of PP1 (1). It has been illustrated that PP1 dephosphorylates Rb and cdc25 during mitosis (2,3). A cell cycle-dependent phosphorylation at Thr320 of PP1α by cdc2 kinase inhibits PP1α activity (4).
- Broceno, C. et al. (2002) . PNAS 99 (22), 14200-14205. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Lin, C.Y. et al. (2010) Mol Biol Cell 21, 4409-17. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Shimada, M. et al. (2010) EMBO Rep 11, 883-9. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2582 PP1α Antibody
- 9110 PhosphoPlus® cdc2 (Tyr15) Antibody Kit
- 9111 Phospho-cdc2 (Tyr15) Antibody
- 9112 cdc2 Antibody
- 9113 cdc2 (Tyr15) Control Proteins
- 9301 Phospho-Rb (Ser795) Antibody
- 9303 Rb Control Proteins
- 9307 Phospho-Rb (Ser780) Antibody
- 9308 Phospho-Rb (Ser807/811) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.