Product Pathways - Phosphatases
PP1α Antibody #2582
|W||H M R Mk Dm||Endogenous||38||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey Dm=D. melanogaster
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
PP1α Antibody detects endogenous levels of total PP1α protein. This antibody does not cross-react with PP1δ or PP1γ.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the amino-terminal sequence of human PP1alpha. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Type 1 protein phosphatase (PP1), a serine/threonine phosphatase, is highly conserved in eukaryotic cells. Four isoforms of PP1 have been characterized: PP1α, PP1δ, PP1γ1 and PP1γ2 (1). Involvement in cell cycle regulation is one of the biological functions of PP1 (1). It has been illustrated that PP1 dephosphorylates Rb and cdc25 during mitosis (2,3). A cell cycle-dependent phosphorylation at Thr320 of PP1α by cdc2 kinase inhibits PP1α activity (4).
- Rubin, E. et al. (1998) Front. Biosci. 3, D1209-1219.
- Durfee, T. et al. (1993) Genes Dev. 7, 555-569.
- Izumi, T. et al. (1992) Mol. Cell. Biol. 3, 927-939.
- Kwon, Y. G. et al. (1997) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 94, 2168-2173.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2581 Phospho-PP1α (Thr320) Antibody
- 9110 PhosphoPlus® cdc2 (Tyr15) Antibody Kit
- 9111 Phospho-cdc2 (Tyr15) Antibody
- 9113 cdc2 (Tyr15) Control Proteins
- 9301 Phospho-Rb (Ser795) Antibody
- 9303 Rb Control Proteins
- 9307 Phospho-Rb (Ser780) Antibody
- 9308 Phospho-Rb (Ser807/811) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.