Product Pathways - Development
GLI2 (R770) Antibody #2585
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
GLI2 (R770) Antibody detects transfected levels of human GLI2 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Arg770 of human GLI2. Antibodies are purified by peptide affinity chromatography.
GLI was first identified as a gene amplified in a malignant glioma (1) capable of transforming primary cells in cooperation with adenovirus E1A (2). GLI belongs to the Kruppel family of zinc finger proteins that includes three mammalian GLI proteins: GLI1, GLI2, and GLI3 (3). These GLI proteins are similar to the Drosophila homolog Cubitus interruptus (Ci) and function as transcription factors activated by the Hedgehog signaling pathway. Hedgehog signaling plays an important role in animal development, and research studies have shown that this pathway is aberrantly activated in many types of cancers (4,5).
GLI2 contains both transcription repression and activation domains (6) and several isoforms of GLI2 have been reported that may have different activities (7-9). Overexpression of GLI2 in skin causes basal cell carcinoma in mice (10), while loss-of-function of GLI2 is associated with pituitary anomalies (11).
- Kinzler, K.W. et al. (1987) Science 236, 70-3.
- Ruppert, J.M. et al. (1991) Mol Cell Biol 11, 1724-8.
- Kinzler, K.W. et al. (1988) Nature 332, 371-4.
- Ingham, P.W. and McMahon, A.P. (2001) Genes Dev 15, 3059-87.
- McMahon, A.P. et al. (2003) Curr Top Dev Biol 53, 1-114.
- Sasaki, H. et al. (1999) Development 126, 3915-24.
- Tanimura, A. et al. (1998) J Virol 72, 3958-64.
- Tojo, M. et al. (2003) Br J Dermatol 148, 892-7.
- Speek, M. et al. (2006) BMC Mol Biol 7, 13.
- Grachtchouk, M. et al. (2000) Nat Genet 24, 216-7.
- Roessler, E. et al. (2003) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 100, 13424-9.
- Beauchamp, E.M. et al. (2011) J Clin Invest 121, 148-60. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2553 GLI1 Antibody
- 2271 Shh/Ihh Antibody
- 2287 Shh Antibody
- 2468 PTCH1 (C53A3) Rabbit mAb
- 2464 PTCH2 (L849) Antibody
- 2470 PTCH2 (G1191) Antibody
- 2520 SUFU (C54G2) Rabbit mAb
- 2522 SUFU (C81H7) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.