Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
PCNA (PC10) Mouse mAb #2586
|2586S||100 µl (20 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2586||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:2000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey, Bovine, Pig||Endogenous||36||Mouse IgG2a|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry), F=Flow Cytometry
* Product-specific protocol.
Specificity / Sensitivity
PCNA (PC10) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of PCNA protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a recombinant Protein A-PCNA fusion protein obtained from pC2T.
Western blot analysis of human (HeLa), murine (SV-T2), bovine (BAEC), and porcine (PAE) cell extracts using PCNA (PC10) Mouse mAb.
Western blot analysis, using PCNA (PC10) Mouse mAb (upper) and Beta-Actin Antibody #4967(lower), of HeLa cell extract (lane 1) and PCNA immunoprecipitated from the same extract using PCNA (PC10) Mouse mAb (lane 2).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma, showing nuclear localization, using PCNA (PC10) Mouse mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon carcinoma, showing nuclear localization, using PCNA (PC10) Mouse mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, showing nuclear localization, using PCNA (PC10) Mouse mAb.
Flow cytometric analysis of Jurkat cells using PCNA (PC10) Mouse mAb and Propidium Iodide (PI)/RNase Staining Solution #4087 to measure DNA content. Anti-Mouse IgG (H+L), F(ab’)2 Fragment (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate) #4408 was used as a secondary antibody.
Proliferating cell nuclear antigen (PCNA) is a member of the DNA sliding clamp family of proteins that assist in DNA replication (1). Crystal structure data suggests that a PCNA homotrimer ring can encircle and slide along the DNA double helix (2). Multiple proteins involved in DNA replication, DNA repair, and cell cycle control bind to PCNA rather than directly associating with DNA, thus facilitating fast processing of DNA (reviewed in 3). PCNA protein expression is a well-accepted marker of proliferation and PCNA (PC10) mouse mAb has been used to assess PCNA levels in hundreds of scientific studies.
- Forrester, M.T. et al. (2011) Biotechniques 50, 41-5. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Han, B. et al. (2011) J Immunol 186, 5833-44. Applications: IF-IC (In Cells).
- Desai, S. et al. (2010) Mol Cancer Res 8, 907-18. Applications: IF-IC (In Cells).
- Israelsen, W.J. et al. (2013) Cell 155, 397-409. Applications: IHC-P (paraffin).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4135 Cyclin B1 (V152) Mouse mAb
- 3936 Ubiquitin (P4D1) Mouse mAb
- 4656 Cyclin A2 (BF683) Mouse mAb
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Alexa Fluor® is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.