Product Pathways - Development
DLL1 Antibody #2588
|2588S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2588||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Human.
Specificity / Sensitivity
DLL1 Antibody detects transfected levels of DLL1. It does not recognize transfected levels of rat DLL3 and human DLL4.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to a region surrounding residue Ala627 of human DLL1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Notch signaling is activated upon engagement of the Notch receptor with its ligands, the DSL (Delta, Serrate, Lag2) proteins of single-pass type I membrane proteins. The DSL proteins contain multiple EGF-like repeats and a DSL domain that is required for binding to Notch (1,2). Five DSL proteins have been identified in mammals: Jagged1, Jagged2, Delta-like (DLL) 1, 3 and 4 (3). Ligand binding to the Notch receptor results in two sequential proteolytic cleavages of the receptor by the ADAM protease and the γ-secretase complex. The intracellular domain of Notch is released and then translocates to the nucleus where it activates transcription. Notch ligands may also be processed in a way similiar to Notch, suggesting a bi-directional signaling through receptor-ligand interactions (4-6).
- Wilson, A. and Radtke, F. (2006) FEBS Lett. 580, 2860-2868.
- Hansson, E.M. et al. (2004) Semin. Cancer Biol. 14, 320-328.
- Chiba, S. (2006) Stem Cells 24, 2437-2447.
- Bland, C.E. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278, 13607-13610.
- Six, E. et al. (2003) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 100, 7638-7643.
- LaVoie, M.J. and Selkoe, D.J. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278, 34427-34437.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2483 DLL3 (G93) Antibody
- 2155 Jagged1 (1C4) Rabbit mAb
- 2620 Jagged1 (28H8) Rabbit mAb
- 2205 Jagged2 (C83A8) Rabbit mAb
- 2210 Jagged2 (C23D2) Rabbit mAb
- 2421 Cleaved Notch1 (Val1744) Antibody
- 2423 Notch4 (L5C5) Mouse mAb
- 4608 MAML1 Antibody
- 4618 MAML2 Antibody
- 2733 Numb Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 4147 Cleaved Notch1 (Val1744) (D3B8) Rabbit mAb
- 3608 Notch1 (D1E11) XP® Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.