Product Pathways - Translational Control
eIF4G (C65H5) Rabbit mAb #2617
|W||H M R Mk||Endogenous||220||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
eIF4G (C65H5) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total eIF4G protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ala881 of human eIF4G.
The initiation of translation is an important biological event and a variety of factors contribute to this process. Members of the eIF4 translation initiation factor family bind to the 5' m7GTP mRNA cap and unwind the mRNA secondary structure (1,2). The amino-terminal portion of eIF4G physically associates with eIF4E to stimulate the binding of eIF4E to the mRNA cap structure (3). eIF4G also interacts with eIF3 and eIF4A and serves as an adaptor molecule in the eIF4 complex (4). Moreover, eIF4G plays a role in internal ribosomal entry site (IRES)-mediated initiation of translation (5,6). The eIF4G family includes eIF4G1 (eIF4GI), eIF4G2 (p97, DAP5 or NAT1), and eIF4G3 (eIF4GII) (7). These factors share a homologous sequence that provides for interaction with initiation factors eIF3 and eIF4A. Both eIF4G1 and eIF4G3 are involved in cap-dependent translation, while eIF4G2 plays a role in IRES-mediated translation of some genes during cell stress (7,8).
- Yan, R. and Rhoads, R.E. (1995) Genomics 26, 394-398.
- Morley, S.J. et al. (1997) RNA 3, 1085-1104.
- Haghighat, A. and Sonenberg, N. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272, 21677-21680.
- De Gregorio, E. et al. (1998) RNA 4, 828-836.
- Ohlmann, T. et al. (1996) EMBO J. 15, 1371-1382.
- Borman, A.M. and Kean, K.M. (1997) Virology 237, 129-136.
- Henis-Korenblit, S. et al. (2002) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 99, 5400-5405.
- Nevins, T.A. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278, 3572-3579.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2441 Phospho-eIF4G (Ser1108) Antibody
- 2498 eIF4G Antibody
- 2469 eIF4G (C45A4) Rabbit mAb
- 2858 eIF4GI Antibody
- 4763 Translation Initiation Complex Antibody Sampler Kit
- 2490 eIF4A1 Antibody
- 9741 Phospho-eIF4E (Ser209) Antibody
- 9742 eIF4E Antibody
- 4992 PABP1 Antibody
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.