Product Pathways - Neuroscience
α-Synuclein Antibody (IF Preferred) #2628
|W IF-F||H M R||Endogenous||18||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
α-Synuclein Antibody (IF Preferred) detects endogenous levels of total synuclein protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the carboxy terminus of mouse synuclein. Antibodies are purified by peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from human cerebellum and mouse brain using α-Synuclein (IF Preferred) Antibody.
α-Synuclein is a protein of 140-amino acids expressed abundantly in the brain. α-Synuclein is also the main component of pathogenic Lewy bodies and Lewy neurites. Research studies have shown that mutations of the α-synuclein gene are linked to Parkinson's disease (1).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2642 α-Synuclein Antibody
- 2647 α-Synuclein (Syn204) Mouse mAb
- 2644 α/β-Synuclein (Syn205) Mouse mAb
- 2452 APP Antibody
- 2454 β-Amyloid Antibody
- 2680 p35/25 (C64B10) Rabbit mAb
- 4019 Tau (Tau46) Mouse mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.