Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
BTAF1 Antibody #2637
|W IP||H M R Mk (Hm) (B) (Hr)||Endogenous||200||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Hm=Hamster Mk=Monkey B=Bovine Hr=Horse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
BTAF1 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total BTAF1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ala220 of human BTAF1 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
B-TATA binding protein-associated factor 1 (BTAF1) is a human homolog of the yeast protein modifier of transcription 1 (MOT1) (1). BTAF1 negatively regulates transcription through interaction with TATA binding protein (TBP), an important component of the B-TFIID complex (2,3). BTAF1 is a member of the SNF2 family of ATPases that utilizes ATP to remove TBP from B-TFIID, thereby preventing formation of the transcription pre-initiation complex (PIC) (3-5). BTAF1 actively removes TBP from DNA, which prevents non-specific TBP-DNA interactions and promotes disassembly of inactive forms of the PIC. This activity is thought to be critical for maintaining a pool of free TBP that is necessary for the assembly of the PIC during transcription activation (6,7).
- Chicca, J.J. et al. (1998) Mol Cell Biol 18, 1701-10.
- Pereira, L.A. et al. (2004) J Biol Chem 279, 21802-7.
- Auble, D.T. (2009) Trends Biochem Sci 34, 49-52.
- Auble, D.T. et al. (1994) Genes Dev 8, 1920-34.
- de Graaf, P. et al. (2010) J Cell Sci 123, 2663-71.
- Dasgupta, A. et al. (2005) EMBO J 24, 1717-29.
- Huisinga, K.L. and Pugh, B.F. (2007) Genome Biol 8, R46.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.