Product Pathways - Translational Control
Phospho-PRAS40 (Thr246) Antibody #2640
|2640S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2640||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||40||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-PRAS40 (Thr246) Antibody detects endogenous levels of PRAS40 protein only when phosphorylated at Thr246.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to the sequence surrounding Thr246 of human PRAS40. Antibodies are purified by peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from NIH/3T3 cells, serum-starved for 14 hours and then either left untreated or treated with insulin (150 nM) for 15 minutes, using Phospho-PRAS40 (Thr246) Antibody.
Western blot analysis of extracts from NIH/3T3 cells, serum-starved for 14 hours and then either left untreated or treated with insulin (150 nM) for 15 minutes, using Phospho-PRAS40 (Thr246) Antibody. The experiment was performed in the presence of phospho-peptide specific to phospho-PRAS40 (Thr246) (upper panel), the corresponding nonphospho-peptide (middle panel) and in the absence of any blocking peptide (lower panel).
Many growth factors and hormones induce the phosphoinositide 3-kinase signaling pathway, which results in the activation of downstream effector proteins such as the serine/threonine kinase Akt (1,2). One known Akt substrate is a 40 kDa, proline-rich protein (PRAS40) that binds to 14-3-3 proteins (2). PRAS40 also binds mTOR to transduce Akt signals to the mTOR complex. Inhibition of mTOR signaling stimulates PRAS40 binding to mTOR, which in turn inhibits mTOR activity (3). PRAS40 interacts with raptor in mTOR complex 1 (mTORC1) in insulin-deprived cells and inhibits the activation of the mTORC1 pathway mediated by the cell cycle protein Rheb. Phosphorylation of PRAS40 by Akt at Thr246 relieves PRAS40 inhibition of mTORC1 (4). mTORC1 in turn phosphorylates PRAS40 at Ser183 (5).
- Roca, H. et al. (2009) Neoplasia 11, 1309-17. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2691 PRAS40 (D23C7) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2983 mTOR (7C10) Rabbit mAb
- 2280 Raptor (24C12) Rabbit mAb
- 3227 GβL Antibody
- 2610 PRAS40 Antibody
- 2972 mTOR Antibody
- 2971 Phospho-mTOR (Ser2448) Antibody
- 2083 Phospho-Raptor (Ser792) Antibody
- 3274 GβL (86B8) Rabbit mAb
- 2140 Rictor Antibody
- 2114 Rictor (53A2) Rabbit mAb
- 2974 Phospho-mTOR (Ser2481) Antibody
- 2976 Phospho-mTOR (Ser2448) (49F9) Rabbit mAb (IHC Specific)
- 9964 mTOR Pathway Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.