Product Pathways - Neuroscience
α/β-Synuclein (Syn205) Mouse mAb #2644
|W IP IHC-P IF-F||H M R||Endogenous||18||Mouse IgG1|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
α/β-Synuclein (Syn205) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of total synuclein protein. α/β-Synuclein (Syn205) Mouse mAb detects recombinant α and β-synuclein (Giasson, B.I. et al., 2000).
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with human recombinant α- and β-synucleins and the epitope maps to the carboxy terminus of the protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from mouse and rat brain, using α/β-Synuclein (Syn205) Mouse mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded mouse brain, using α/β-Synuclein (Syn205) Mouse mAb.
Confocal immunofluorescence images of rat hippocampus labeled with α/β-Synuclein (Syn205) Mouse mAb (red) and CREB (48H2) Rabbit mAb #9197 (green).
α-Synuclein is a protein of 140-amino acids expressed abundantly in the brain. α-Synuclein is also the main component of pathogenic Lewy bodies and Lewy neurites. Research studies have shown that mutations of the α-synuclein gene are linked to Parkinson's disease (1).
- Giasson, B. I. et al. (2000) A panel of epitope-specific antibodies detects protein domains distributed throughout human alpha-synuclein in Lewy bodies of Parkinson's disease. J Neurosci Res. 59, 528-533. Applications: IHC-P (paraffin) Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2452 APP Antibody
- 2454 β-Amyloid Antibody
- 2642 α-Synuclein Antibody
- 4019 Tau (Tau46) Mouse mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.