Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
Trf2 Antibody #2645
|2645S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2645||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
Trf2 Antibody detects endogenous levels of Trf2 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide correspoding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human Trf2. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from COS-7, HT29 and RD-ES cells, using Trf2 Antibody.
Telomeres, the linear ends of chromosomes, are organized into T-loops to prevent them from being recognized by the cell as DNA double stranded breaks (DSBs) (1). The telomeric repeat binding factor proteins Trf1 and Trf2 bind to double-stranded telomeres to allow formation of T-loops (2). A large number of proteins involved in the DNA damage response are found physically associated with Trf2 within telomeres (3). Interestingly, Trf2 can transiently localize to DNA damage-induced DSBs, but overexpression of Trf2 prevents ATM-dependent signaling (4). Phosphorylation of Trf2 at Ser323 has been reported in vivo, but no upstream kinase or role has been established for this phosphorylation site (5).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2595 Histone H2A.X Antibody
- 2577 Phospho-Histone H2A.X (Ser139) Antibody
- 2527 p53 (7F5) Rabbit mAb
- 2524 p53 (1C12) Mouse mAb
- 9286 Phospho-p53 (Ser15) (16G8) Mouse mAb
- 9284 Phospho-p53 (Ser15) Antibody
- 3002 p95/NBS1 Antibody
- 2873 ATM (D2E2) Rabbit mAb
- 4526 Phospho-ATM (Ser1981) (10H11.E12) Mouse mAb
- 4602 DNA-PK Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.