Product Pathways - Neuroscience
α-Synuclein (Syn204) Mouse mAb #2647
|W IHC-P||H||Endogenous||18||Mouse IgG2a|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
α-Synuclein (Syn204) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of total synuclein protein. α-Synuclein (Syn204) Mouse mAb detects recombinant α but not β-synuclein (Giasson, B.I. et al., 2000).
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with human recombinant α-synuclein and the epitope maps to the amino-terminus of the protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from human cerebellum and HeLa cells, using α-Synuclein (Syn204) Mouse mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human brain, using α-Synuclein (Syn204) Mouse mAb.
Confocal immunofluorescent image of human Alzheimer's brain labeled with α-Synuclein (Syn204) Mouse mAb (red) and β-Amyloid Antibody #2454 (green). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
α-Synuclein is a protein of 140-amino acids expressed abundantly in the brain. α-Synuclein is also the main component of pathogenic Lewy bodies and Lewy neurites. Research studies have shown that mutations of the α-synuclein gene are linked to Parkinson's disease (1).
- Giasson, B.I. et al. (2000) J. Neurosci. Res. 59, 528-33. Applications: IHC-P (paraffin) Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2642 α-Synuclein Antibody
- 2644 α/β-Synuclein (Syn205) Mouse mAb
- 2452 APP Antibody
- 2454 β-Amyloid Antibody
- 4019 Tau (Tau46) Mouse mAb
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.