Product Pathways - Jak/Stat Pathway
Stat4 (C46B10) Rabbit mAb #2653
|W ChIP||H M R||Endogenous||81||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Stat4 (C46B10) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total Stat4 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Lys151 of Stat4.
Western blot analysis of extracts from ACHN, SR and Caki cell lines and from rat thymus using Stat4 (C46B10) Rabbit mAb.
Chromatin immunoprecipitations were performed with cross-linked chromatin from 4 x 106 NK-92 cells starved of IL-2 overnight then treated with IL-12 (10ng/ml) for 4h and either 20 μl of Stat4 (C46B10) Rabbit mAb #2653 or 2 μl of Normal Rabbit IgG #2729 using SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads) #9003. The enriched DNA was quantified by real-time PCR using human IRF-1 promoter primers, human PRF1 promoter primers, and SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers #4486. The amount of immunoprecipitated DNA in each sample is represented as signal relative to the total amount of input chromatin, which is equivalent to one.
The Jak-Stat signaling pathway is utilized by a large number of cytokines, growth factors, and hormones (1). Receptor-mediated tyrosine phosphorylation of Jak family members triggers phosphorylation of Stat proteins, resulting in their nuclear translocation, binding to specific DNA elements, and subsequent activation of transcription. The remarkable range and specificity of responses regulated by the Stats is determined, in part, by the tissue-specific expression of different cytokine receptors, Jaks, and Stats, as well as by the combinatorial coupling of various Stat members to different receptors (2). Stat4 is predominantly expressed in the spleen, thymus, and testis and has been most extensively investigated as the mediator of IL-12 responses (3-8). Activation of Stat4 is associated with phosphorylation at Tyr693 (9).
- Darnell, J.E. et al. (1994) Science 264, 1415-1421.
- Leonard, W.J. and O'Shea, J.J. (1998) Annu. Rev. Immunol. 16, 293-322.
- Zhong, Z. et al. (1994) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 91, 4806-4810.
- Yamamoto, K. et al. (1994) Mol. Cell Biol. 14, 4342-4349.
- Jacobson, N.G. et al. (1995) J. Exp. Med. 181, 1755-1762.
- Bacon, C.M. et al. (1995) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 92, 7307-7311.
- Thierfelder, W.E. et al. (1996) Nature 382, 171-174.
- Kaplan, M.H. et al. (1996) Nature 382, 174-177.
- Visconti, R. et al. (2000) Blood 96, 1844-52.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9914 Phospho-Stat Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9939 Stat Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9175 Stat1 (42H3) Rabbit mAb
- 9176 Stat1 (9H2) Mouse mAb
- 4594 Stat2 Antibody
- 4904 Stat3 (79D7) Rabbit mAb
- 9139 Stat3 (124H6) Mouse mAb
- 9358 Stat5 (3H7) Rabbit mAb
- 9362 Stat6 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.