Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
Ron (C81H9) Rabbit mAb #2654
|W||H||Endogenous||145 and 150 kDa||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Ron (C81H9) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of the β chain of Ron protein. This antibody does not cross-react with other family members.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Lys624 of human Ron.
Ron is a member of the Met protooncogene family of receptor tyrosine kinases, which also includes Stk, c-Met, and c-Sea. The functional Ron is a heterodimer composed of a 40 kDa α chain and a 150 kDa β chain. Ron is initially synthesized in the cells as a single-chain, pro-Ron precursor that is cleaved into the two active chains. The α chain is completely extracellular, whereas the β chain traverses the cell membrane and contains the intracellular tyrosine kinase and regulatory elements (1,2). Ron mediates multiple signaling cascades that involve cell motility, adhesion, proliferation, and apoptosis. The signaling pathways activated downstream of Ron include the ras/mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK), phosphatidyl inositol-3 kinase (PI3K)/Akt, and focal adhesion kinase (FAK) pathways. Ron activation can also significantly increase c-Src activity, a signaling intermediate involved in cell cycle progression, motility, angiogenesis and survival (3,4). The function of Ron has been shown to be important for embryological development as well as implicated in the progression and metastasis of tumors (5).
- Ronsin, C. et al. (1993) Oncogene 8, 1195-1202.
- Gaudino, G. et al. (1994) EMBO J. 13, 3524-3532.
- Wang, M.H. et al. (1996) Oncogene 13, 2167-2175.
- Danilkovitch-Miagkova, A. (2003) Curr. Cancer Drug Targets 3, 31-40.
- Leonard, E.J. (1997) Ciba Found. Symp. 212, 183-191; discussion 192-197.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3077 Phospho-Met (Tyr1234/1235) (D26) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3121 Phospho-Met (Tyr1349) Antibody
- 3126 Phospho-Met (Tyr1234/1235) Antibody
- 3127 Met (25H2) Mouse mAb
- 3129 Phospho-Met (Tyr1234/1235) (3D7) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.