Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
CK2α Antibody #2656
|2656S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2656||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||42||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
This antibody detects endogenous levels of total CK2α 1 protein. This antibody may cross-react with CK2α prime.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acid residues near the carboxy-terminus of human CK2α1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
CK2 (formerly called Casein Kinase II) is a highly conserved protein kinase with more than 300 substrates regulating cell growth, cell death, and cell survival. CK2 has been implicated in the response to UV irradiation-induced DNA damage, targeting XRCC1 (1) and BRCA1 (2) as well as regulating p53 tumor suppressor protein functions (3). Furthermore, CK2 plays a key role in NF-κB activation (4). UV irradiation stimulates CK2-mediated phosphorylation of several carboxy-terminal residues within IκBα, resulting in IκBα proteasomal degradation and the release and nuclear translocation of active NF-κB. CK2 is also dysregulated in many cancers (5) and neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's and Parkinson's diseases (6). Structurally, CK2 is a multimeric protein complex consisting of two catalytic subunits (α or α') and two regulatory β subunits (7). CK2 is distributed ubiquitously and is apparently constitutively active (7). While cell cycle-dependent Ser-Pro phosphorylation sites have been identified on CK2α and CK2β, Tyr255 phosphorylation by the Src-related kinase c-Fgr seems to have the greatest effect on CK2α activity (8,9).
- Morales, J.C. and Carpenter, P.B. (2004) Sci Aging Knowledge Environ 2004, pe24.
- O'Brien, K.A. et al. (1999) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 260, 658-64.
- Cox, M.L. and Meek, D.W. (2010) Cell Signal 22, 564-71.
- Dominguez, I. et al. (2009) Cell Mol Life Sci 66, 1850-7.
- Trembley, J.H. et al. Biofactors 36, 187-95.
- Perez, D.I. et al. (2010) Med Res Rev, Epub ahead of print.
- Bosc, D.G. et al. (1995) J Biol Chem 270, 25872-8.
- Donella-Deana, A. et al. (2003) Biochem J 372, 841-9.
- Litchfield, D.W. (2003) Biochem J 369, 1-15.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2655 CK1 Antibody
- 9331 Phospho-GSK-3α/β (Ser21/9) Antibody
- 3039 Phospho-NF-κB p65 (Ser468) Antibody
- 3595 eIF2B-ε Antibody
- 9281 Phospho-p53 (Ser392) Antibody
- 2859 Phospho-IκBα (Ser32) (14D4) Rabbit mAb
- 9246 Phospho-IκBα (Ser32/36) (5A5) Mouse mAb
- 9009 Phospho-BRCA1 (Ser1524) Antibody
- 2735 XRCC1 Antibody
- 2302 DARPP-32 Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.