Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
Emerin (A212) Antibody #2660
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Emerin (A212) Antibody detects endogenous levels of total Emerin protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ala212 of human Emerin. Antibodies are purified by peptide affinity chromatography.
Emerin is a broadly expressed integral protein of the nuclear inner membrane (1). It contains a LEM domain and binds to several nuclear proteins, such as BAF (barrier-to-autointegration factor) and A- and B-type lamins, which are important in nuclear functions (2-5). Emerin may regulate gene expression through binding to other transcriptional regulators (6,7). Emerin binds to β-catenin and inhibits its nuclear accumulation (8). Recent studies demonstrate that Emerin is required for HIV-1 infectivity (9). Mutations in Emerin are a major cause of Emery-Dreifuss muscular dystrophy (EDMD), a disorder characterized by progressive skeletal muscle weakening (10).
- Nagano, A. et al. (1996) Nat. Genet. 12, 254-259.
- Manilal, S. et al. (1998) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 249, 643-647.
- Clements, L. et al. (2000) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 267, 709-714.
- Lee, K.K. et al. (2001) J. Cell Sci. 114, 4567-4573.
- Bengtsson, L. and Wilson, K.L. (2006) Mol. Biol. Cell 17, 1154-1163.
- Holaska, J.M. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278, 6969-6975.
- Haraguchi, T. et al. (2004) Eur. J. Biochem. 271, 1035-1045.
- Markiewicz, E. et al. (2006) EMBO J. 25, 3275-3285.
- Jacque, J.M. and Stevenson, M. (2006) Nature 441, 641-645.
- Holaska, J.M. and Wilson, K.L. (2006) Anat. Rec. A Discov. Mol. Cell. Evol. Biol. 288, 676-680.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2659 Emerin (L12) Antibody
- 2032 Lamin A/C Antibody
- 2031 Cleaved Lamin A (Asp230) Antibody
- 2035 Cleaved Lamin A (Small Subunit) Antibody
- 2036 Cleaved Lamin A (Small Subunit) (30H5) Mouse mAb
- 9581 β-Catenin Antibody (Amino-terminal Antigen)
- 9587 β-Catenin Antibody (Carboxy-terminal Antigen)
- 9582 β-Catenin (6B3) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.