Product Pathways - Metabolism
4F2hc/CD98 Antibody #2671
|W IP||H M Mk||Endogenous||75-120||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
4F2hc/CD98 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total 4F2hc/CD98 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Arg524 of human 4F2hc/CD98 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
4F2hc is a transmembrane protein that belongs to the solute carrier family. 4F2hc forms heterodimeric complexes with various amino acid transporters such as LAT1 and LAT2 and regulates uptake of amino acids (1-5). 4F2hc is one of the earliest expressed antigens on the surface of activated human lymphocytes (6), hence it is also named CD98. 4F2hc is expressed in all cell types with the exception of platelets, and is expressed at highest levels in the tubules of the kidney and the gastrointestinal tract (7,8). It is localized at the plasma membrane when associated with LAT1 or LAT2 (9) and at the apical membrane of placenta (10). Research studies have shown that 4F2hc is highly expressed in various tumors including glioma (11), ovarian cancer (12), and astrocytomas (13), and it has been implicated in tumor progression and correlated with poor outcome in patients with pulmonary neuroendocrine tumors (14). 4F2hc is also involved in integrin trafficking through association with β1 and β4 integrins, and regulates keratinocyte adhesion and differentiation (15).
- Kanai, Y. et al. (1998) J Biol Chem 273, 23629-32.
- Mastroberardino, L. et al. (1998) Nature 395, 288-91.
- Pfeiffer, R. et al. (1999) EMBO J 18, 49-57.
- Pineda, M. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 19738-44.
- Sato, H. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 11455-8.
- Lumadue, J.A. et al. (1987) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 84, 9204-8.
- Rossier, G. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 34948-54.
- Dave, M.H. et al. (2004) J Physiol 558, 597-610.
- Bröer, A. et al. (2001) Biochem J 355, 725-31.
- Ritchie, J.W. and Taylor, P.M. (2001) Biochem J 356, 719-25.
- Okubo, S. et al. (2010) J Neurooncol 99, 217-25.
- Kaji, M. et al. (2010) Int J Gynecol Cancer 20, 329-36.
- Nawashiro, H. et al. (2006) Int J Cancer 119, 484-92.
- Kaira, K. et al. (2011) Oncol Rep 26, 931-7.
- Lemaître, G. et al. (2011) J Dermatol Sci 61, 169-79.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 8057 ASCT2 (D7C12) Rabbit mAb
- 5347 LAT1 Antibody
- 5100 ASCT2 (G11) Antibody
- 5345 ASCT2 (V501) Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.