Product Pathways - Translational Control
Calnexin (C5C9) Rabbit mAb #2679
|2679S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2679P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2679||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
* Product-specific protocol.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Calnexin (C5C9) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total calnexin protein.
Source / Purification
Calnexin (C5C9) Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human calnexin.
Western blot analysis of extracts from PANC1, HepG2 and A204 cells using Calnexin (C5C9) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma using Calnexin (C5C9) Rabbit mAb in the presence of control peptide (left) or antigen-specific peptide (right).
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of HeLa cells using Calnexin (C5C9) Rabbit mAb (green). Actin filaments have been labeled using DY-554 phalloidin (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
Secretory and transmembrane proteins are synthesized on polysomes and translocate into the endoplasmic reticulum (ER) where they are often modified by the formation of disulfide bonds, amino-linked glycosylation and folding. To help proteins fold properly, the ER contains a pool of molecular chaperones including calnexin. Calnexin was first identified as being involved in the assembly of murine class I histocompatibility molecules (1,2). Calnexin is a calcium-binding protein embedded in the ER membrane that retains the newly synthesized glycoproteins inside the ER to ensure proper folding and quality control (3-5). The specificity of calnexin for a subset of glycoproteins is defined by a lectin site, which binds an early oligosaccharide intermediate on the folding glycoprotein (5).
- Tasseva, G. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 1061-73. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2433 Calnexin Antibody
- 2891 Calreticulin Antibody
- 3177 BiP (C50B12) Rabbit mAb
- 3183 BiP Antibody
- 2886 ERp44 Antibody
- 2887 ERp57 (A484) Antibody
- 2881 ERp57 (G117) Antibody
- 2798 ERp72 Antibody
- 3264 Ero1-Lα Antibody
- 3294 IRE1α (14C10) Rabbit mAb
- 2157 MBTPS2 Antibody
- 3179 Phospho-PERK (Thr980) (16F8) Rabbit mAb
- 2446 PDI Antibody
- 9956 ER Stress Antibody Sampler Kit
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8125 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Mouse)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
This antibody is developed, validated, and produced by CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063) from Epitomics, Inc.