Product Pathways - Neuroscience
p75NTR Antibody #2693
|W||H R (M)||Endogenous||75||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
p75NTR Antibody detects endogenous levels of total p75NTR protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human p75NTR. Antibodies are purified by peptide affinity chromatography.
The p75 neurotrophin receptor (p75NTR), a member of the TNF receptor superfamily, is distinguished by multiple cysteine-rich ligand-binding domains, a single transmembrane sequence and a noncatalytic cytoplasmic domain (1). p75NTR displays paradoxical functions when acting alone or with other receptor proteins. Working in concert with Trk receptors, p75NTR recognizes neurotrophins and transmits trophic signals into the cell. Both p75NTR and TrkA are required to activate PI3K-Akt signaling, while TrkA can individually activate the MAP kinase pathway. In contrast, p75NTR, possibly through JNK, ensures appropriate apoptosis of injured neurons and improperly targeted neonatal neurons (2).The p75NTR protein undergoes sequential cleavage similar to APP and Notch. First, α-secretase removes the p75NTR ectodomain, eliminating ligand-mediated signaling. At this point, the membrane-tethered cleavage product can still fine-tune Trk-mediated trophic actions. γ-secretase cleaves within the transmembrane domain to liberate the cytoplasmic tail from its membrane anchor and allow the p75NTR intracellular domain to translocate to the nucleus (3,4).
- Chao, M.V. (2003) Nat. Rev. Neurosci. 4, 299-309.
- Nykjaer, A. et al. (2005) Curr. Opin. Neurobiol. 15, 49-57.
- Kanning, K.C. et al. (2003) J. Neurosci. 23, 5425-5436.
- Jung, K.M. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278, 42161-42169.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4060 Phospho-Akt (Ser473) (D9E) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9916 Phospho-Akt Pathway Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9911 Phospho-Erk1/2 Pathway Sampler Kit
- 9141 Phospho-TrkA (Tyr490) Antibody
- 2508 TrkA (14G6) Rabbit mAb
- 4606 TrkB Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.