Product Pathways - NF-kB Signaling
Phospho-IKKα/β (Ser176/180) Antibody II #2694
|W||H M R Mk||Endogenous||85 IKK-alpha 87 IKK-beta||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-IKKα/β (Ser176/180) Antibody II detects endogenous levels of IKKα and IKKβ only when phosphorylated at Ser176 and Ser180 or Ser177 and Ser181, respectively.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a phosphopeptide corresponding to a region surrounding Ser177/181 of IKKβ. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The NF-κB/Rel transcription factors are present in the cytosol in an inactive state, complexed with the inhibitory IκB proteins (1-3). Most agents that activate NF-κB do so through a common pathway based on phosphorylation-induced, proteasome-mediated degradation of IκB (3-7). The key regulatory step in this pathway involves activation of a high molecular weight IκB kinase (IKK) complex whose catalysis is generally carried out by three tightly associated IKK subunits. IKKα and IKKβ serve as the catalytic subunits of the kinase and IKKγ serves as the regulatory subunit (8,9). Activation of IKK depends upon phosphorylation at Ser177 and Ser181 in the activation loop of IKKβ (Ser176 and Ser180 in IKKα), which causes conformational changes, resulting in kinase activation (10-13).
- Baeuerle, P.A. and Baltimore, D. (1988) Science 242, 540-6.
- Beg, A.A. and Baldwin, A.S. (1993) Genes Dev 7, 2064-70.
- Finco, T.S. et al. (1994) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 91, 11884-8.
- Brown, K. et al. (1995) Science 267, 1485-8.
- Brockman, J.A. et al. (1995) Mol Cell Biol 15, 2809-18.
- Traenckner, E.B. et al. (1995) EMBO J 14, 2876-83.
- Chen, Z.J. et al. (1996) Cell 84, 853-62.
- Zandi, E. et al. (1997) Cell 91, 243-52.
- Karin, M. (1999) Oncogene 18, 6867-74.
- DiDonato, J.A. et al. (1997) Nature 388, 548-54.
- Mercurio, F. et al. (1997) Science 278, 860-6.
- Johnson, L.N. et al. (1996) Cell 85, 149-58.
- Delhase, M. et al. (1999) Science 284, 309-13.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2370 IKKβ (2C8) Rabbit mAb
- 2682 IKKα Antibody
- 2078 Phospho-IKKα (Ser176)/IKKβ (Ser177) (C84E11) Rabbit mAb
- 2697 Phospho-IKKα/β (Ser176/180) (16A6) Rabbit mAb
- 2684 IKKβ Antibody
- 2678 IKKβ (L570) Antibody
- 3033 Phospho-NF-κB p65 (Ser536) (93H1) Rabbit mAb
- 3036 Phospho-NF-κB p65 (Ser536) (7F1) Mouse mAb
- 3039 Phospho-NF-κB p65 (Ser468) Antibody
- 4812 IκBα (44D4) Rabbit mAb
- 4954 RelB Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.