Product Pathways - NF-kB Signaling
IKKγ (DA10-12) Mouse mAb #2695
|W||H R||Endogenous||50||Mouse IgG1|
Reactivity Key: H=Human R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
IKKγ (DA10-12) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of total IKKγ protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with full length human GST-IKKγ protein.
The NF-κB/Rel transcription factors are present in the cytosol in an inactive state, complexed with the inhibitory IκB proteins (1-3). Most agents that activate NF-κB do so through a common pathway based on phosphorylation-induced, proteasome-mediated degradation of IκB (3-7). The key regulatory step in this pathway involves activation of a high molecular weight IκB kinase (IKK) complex whose catalysis is generally carried out by three tightly associated IKK subunits. IKKα and IKKβ serve as the catalytic subunits of the kinase and IKKγ serves as the regulatory subunit (8,9). Activation of IKK depends upon phosphorylation at Ser177 and Ser181 in the activation loop of IKKβ (Ser176 and Ser180 in IKKα), which causes conformational changes, resulting in kinase activation (10-13).
Activation of the NF-κB pathway by the T-cell lymphotrophic virus Tax protein or by TNF-α treatment leads to IKKβ-dependent phosphorylation of human IKKγ, primarily at Ser376 (14). In mice, mutation of the orthologous residue (Ser369) to alanine leads to enhanced IKKγ-mediated stimlulation of IKKβ kinase activity (15).
- Baeuerle, P.A. and Baltimore, D. (1988) Science 242, 540-6.
- Beg, A.A. and Baldwin, A.S. (1993) Genes Dev 7, 2064-70.
- Finco, T.S. et al. (1994) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 91, 11884-8.
- Brown, K. et al. (1995) Science 267, 1485-8.
- Brockman, J.A. et al. (1995) Mol Cell Biol 15, 2809-18.
- Traenckner, E.B. et al. (1995) EMBO J 14, 2876-83.
- Chen, Z.J. et al. (1996) Cell 84, 853-62.
- Zandi, E. et al. (1997) Cell 91, 243-52.
- Karin, M. (1999) Oncogene 18, 6867-74.
- DiDonato, J.A. et al. (1997) Nature 388, 548-54.
- Mercurio, F. et al. (1997) Science 278, 860-6.
- Johnson, L.N. et al. (1996) Cell 85, 149-58.
- Delhase, M. et al. (1999) Science 284, 309-13.
- Carter, R. S. et al. (2003) 278, 19642-19648.
- Prajapati, S. and Gaynor, R.B. (2002) J. Biol. Chem. 277, 24331-24339.
- Iha, H. et al. (2003) Segregation of NF-kappaB activation through NEMO/IKKgamma by Tax and TNFalpha: implications for stimulus-specific interruption of oncogenic signaling. Oncogene 22, 8912-8923. Applications: Western Blotting
- Biton, S. and Ashkenazi, A. (2011) Cell 145, 92-103. Applications: Western Blotting
- Shibata, Y. et al. (2012) Nat Commun 3, 1061. Applications: IP Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2689 Phospho-IKKγ (Ser376) Antibody
- 2685 IKKγ Antibody
- 2370 IKKβ (2C8) Rabbit mAb
- 2682 IKKα Antibody
- 2905 IKKε (D20G4) Rabbit mAb
- 3033 Phospho-NF-κB p65 (Ser536) (93H1) Rabbit mAb
- 3036 Phospho-NF-κB p65 (Ser536) (7F1) Mouse mAb
- 3039 Phospho-NF-κB p65 (Ser468) Antibody
- 4812 IκBα (44D4) Rabbit mAb
- 4954 RelB Antibody
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.