Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
Phospho-Zap-70 (Tyr319)/Syk (Tyr352) Antibody #2701
|W IP IF-IC F||H (M) (R) (Hm) (Mk) (C) (B) (Dg) (Pg) (Hr)||Endogenous||70 Zap-70, 72 Syk||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Hm=Hamster Mk=Monkey C=Chicken B=Bovine Dg=Dog Pg=Pig Hr=Horse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Zap-70 (Tyr319)/Syk (Tyr352) Antibody detects endogenous levels of Zap-70 only when phosphorylated at Tyr319. It cross-reacts with endogenous levels of Syk when phosphorylated at Tyr352.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Tyr319 of human Zap-70. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from Jurkat cells, starved for 16 hours, and treated with 2 mM H2O2 or with calf intestinal alkaline phosphatase (CIP), using Phospho-Zap-70 (Tyr319)/Syk (Tyr352) Antibody (upper) or control Zap-70 Antibody #2702 (lower).
Western blot analysis of extracts from Ramos cells, untreated or treated with anti-IgM (12 µg/ ml for 2 minutes), hydrogen peroxide (10 mM for 2 minutes) or lambda phosphatase, using Phospho-Zap-70 (Tyr319)/ Syk (Tyr352) Antibody.
Two-color flow cytometric analysis of Jurkat cells, untreated (left) or anti-CD3 activated (right), using Phospho-Zap-70 (Tyr319)/Syk (Tyr352) Antibody and Phospho-p44/42 MAPK (Thr202/Tyr204) (E10) mAb #9106. Anti-CD3 activation increases the intensity of label with both antibodies.
Flow cytometric analysis of Jurkat cells, untreated (blue) or CD3 treated (green), using Phospho-Zap70 (Tyr319)/Syk (Tyr352) Antibody compared to a nonspecific negative control antibody (red).
The Syk family protein tyrosine kinase Zap-70 is expressed in T and NK cells and plays a critical role in mediating T cell activation in response to T cell receptor (TCR) engagement (1). Following TCR engagement, Zap-70 is rapidly phosphorylated on several tyrosine residues through autophosphorylation and transphosphorylation by the Src family tyrosine kinase Lck (2-6). Tyrosine phosphorylation correlates with increased Zap-70 kinase activity and downstream signaling events. Expression of Zap-70 is correlated with disease progression and survival in patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia (7,8).
Phosphorylation of Tyr319 is required for the assembly of a Zap-70-containing signaling complex that leads to the activation of the PLC-gamma1-dependent and Ras-dependent signaling cascades in antigen-stimulated T cells (5,6). The orthologous Tyr352 residue in Syk is also involved in the association with PLC-gamma1 (9).
- Chu, D.H. et al. (1998) Immunol. Rev. 165, 167-180.
- Iwashima, M. et al. (1994) Science 263, 1136-1139.
- Neumeister, E.N. et al. (1995) Mol. Cell Biol. 15, 3171-3178.
- Chan, A.C. et al. (1995) EMBO J. 14, 2499-2508.
- Williams, B.L. et al. (1999) EMBO J. 18, 1832-1844.
- Di Bartolo, V. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 6285-6294.
- Wiestner, A. et al. (2003) Blood 101, 4944-4951.
- Crespo, M. et al. (2003) N. Engl. J. Med. 348, 1764-1775.
- Law, C. L. et al. (1996) Mol. Cell. Biol. 16, 1305-1315.
- Guntermann, C. and Alexander, D.R. (2002) CTLA-4 suppresses proximal TCR signaling in resting human CD4(+) T cells by inhibiting ZAP-70 Tyr(319) phosphorylation: A potential role for tyrosine phosphatases. J. Immunol. 168, 4420-4429. Applications: IP Western Blotting
- Houtman, J. C. et al. (2005) Early phosphorylation kinetics of proteins involved in proximal TCR-mediated signaling pathways. J Immunol. 175 (4), 2449-2458. Applications: Western Blotting
- Schade, A.E. and Levine, A.D. (2002) Lipid Raft Heterogeneity in Human Peripheral Blood T Lymphoblasts: A Mechanism for Regulating the Initiation of TCR Signal Transduction. J. Immunol. 168, 2233-2239. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2704 Phospho-Zap-70 (Tyr493)/Syk (Tyr526) Antibody
- 2705 Zap-70 (99F2) Rabbit mAb
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.