Product Pathways - Translational Control
p70 S6 Kinase (49D7) Rabbit mAb #2708
|2708S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2708P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2708||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||70, 85||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin)
Specificity / Sensitivity
p70 S6 Kinase (49D7) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total p70 S6 kinase protein. The antibody also recognizes p85 S6 kinase.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding the amino-terminus of human p70 S6 kinase.
Western blot analysis of extracts from PC12, NIH/3T3, and SK-N-MC cells, using p70 S6 Kinase (49D7) Rabbit mAb.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa cells, transfected with 100 nM SignalSilence® Control siRNA (Unconjugated) #6568 (-), SignalSilence® p70/85 S6 Kinase siRNA I (+) or SignalSilence® p70/85 S6 Kinase siRNA II #6572 (+), using p70 S6 Kinase (49D7) Rabbit mAb #2708 and α-Tubulin (11H10) Rabbit mAb #2125. The p70 S6 Kinase (49D7) Rabbit mAb confirms silencing of p70/85 S6 kinase expression, while the α-Tubulin (11H10) Rabbit mAb is used to control for loading and specificity of p70/85 S6 kinase siRNA.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon carcinoma, using p70 S6 Kinase (49D7) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma, showing cytoplasmic and nuclear localization, using p70 S6 Kinase (49D7) Rabbit mAb.
p70 S6 kinase is a mitogen activated Ser/Thr protein kinase that is required for cell growth and G1 cell cycle progression (1,2). p70 S6 kinase phosphorylates the S6 protein of the 40S ribosomal subunit and is involved in translational control of 5' oligopyrimidine tract mRNAs (1). A second isoform, p85 S6 kinase, is derived from the same gene and is identical to p70 S6 kinase except for 23 extra residues at the amino terminus, which encode a nuclear localizing signal (1). Both isoforms lie on a mitogen activated signaling pathway downstream of phosphoinositide-3 kinase (PI-3K) and the target of rapamycin, FRAP/mTOR, a pathway distinct from the Ras/MAP kinase cascade (1). The activity of p70 S6 kinase is controlled by multiple phosphorylation events located within the catalytic, linker and pseudosubstrate domains (1). Phosphorylation of Thr229 in the catalytic domain and Thr389 in the linker domain are most critical for kinase function (1). Phosphorylation of Thr389, however, most closely correlates with p70 kinase activity in vivo (3). Prior phosphorylation of Thr389 is required for the action of phosphoinositide 3-dependent protein kinase 1 (PDK1) on Thr229 (4,5). Phosphorylation of this site is stimulated by growth factors such as insulin, EGF and FGF, as well as by serum and some G-protein-coupled receptor ligands, and is blocked by wortmannin, LY294002 (PI-3K inhibitor) and rapamycin (FRAP/mTOR inhibitor) (1,6,7). Ser411, Thr421 and Ser424 lie within a Ser-Pro-rich region located in the pseudosubstrate region (1). Phosphorylation at these sites is thought to activate p70 S6 kinase via relief of pseudosubstrate suppression (1,2). Another LY294002 and rapamycin sensitive phosphorylation site, Ser371, is an in vitro substrate for mTOR and correlates well with the activity of a partially rapamycin resistant mutant p70 S6 kinase (8).
- Pullen, N. and Thomas, G. (1997) FEBS Lett. 410, 78-82.
- Dufner, A. and Thomas, G. (1999) Exp. Cell Res. 253, 100-109.
- Weng, Q.P. et al. (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 273, 16621-16629.
- Pullen, N. et al. (1998) Science 279, 707-710.
- Alessi, D.R. et al. (1998) Curr. Biol. 8, 69-81.
- Polakiewicz, R.D. et al. (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 273, 23534-23541.
- Fingar, D.C. et al. (2002) Genes Dev. 16, 1472-1487.
- Saitoh, M. et al. (2002) J. Biol. Chem. 277, 20104-20112.
- Kim, D. et al. (2009) Growth Factors 27, 12-21. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Park, J.H. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 23132-41. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Tagoug, I. et al. (2011) PLoS One 6, e22641. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9202 p70 S6 Kinase Antibody
- 9203 p70 S6 Kinase Control Cell Extracts
- 9205 Phospho-p70 S6 Kinase (Thr389) Antibody
- 9204 Phospho-p70 S6 Kinase (Thr421/Ser424) Antibody
- 9206 Phospho-p70 S6 Kinase (Thr389) (1A5) Mouse mAb
- 9234 Phospho-p70 S6 Kinase (Thr389) (108D2) Rabbit mAb
- 9208 Phospho-p70 S6 Kinase (Ser371) Antibody
- 9209 Phospho-Drosophila p70 S6 Kinase (Thr398) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 1205 p70 S6 Kinase Blocking Peptide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
This antibody is developed, validated, and produced by CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patents No. 5,675,063 and 7,429,487) from Epitomics, Inc.