Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
Phospho-Syk (Tyr525/526) (C87C1) Rabbit mAb #2710
|W IP F||H (M) (R)||Endogenous||72 kDa||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Syk (Tyr525/526) (C87C1) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of Syk protein only when phosphorylated at Tyr525/526 of human Syk or Tyr519/520 of mouse Syk. It also detects Syk protein when singly phosphorylated at Tyr526 of human Syk or Tyr520 of mouse Syk. It does not cross-react with other tyrosine-phosphorylated protein tyrosine kinases.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Tyr525/526 of human Syk.
Western blot analysis of extracts from Ramos cells, untreated or treated with anti-IgM, using Phospho-Syk (Tyr525/526) (C87C1) Rabbit mAb (upper) or Syk Antibody #2712 (lower).
Syk is a protein tyrosine kinase that plays an important role in intracellular signal transduction in hematopoietic cells (1-3). Syk interacts with immunoreceptor tyrosine-based activation motifs (ITAMs) located in the cytoplasmic domains of immune receptors (4). It couples the activated immunoreceptors to downstream signaling events that mediate diverse cellular responses, including proliferation, differentiation, and phagocytosis (4). There is also evidence of a role for Syk in nonimmune cells, and investigators have indicated that Syk is a potential tumor suppressor in human breast carcinomas (5). Tyr323 is a negative regulatory phosphorylation site within the SH2-kinase linker region in Syk. Phosphorylation at Tyr323 provides a direct binding site for the TKB domain of Cbl (6,7). Tyr352 of Syk is involved in the association of PLCγ1 (8). Tyr525 and Tyr526 are located in the activation loop of the Syk kinase domain; phosphorylation at Tyr525/526 of human Syk (equivalent to Tyr519/520 of mouse Syk) is essential for Syk function (9).
- Cheng, A.M. and Chan, A.C. (1997) Curr. Opin. Immunol. 9, 528-533.
- Kurosaki, T. et al. (1997) Curr. Opin. Immunol. 9, 309-318.
- Chu, D.H. et al. (1998) Immunol. Rev. 165, 167-180.
- Turner, M. et al. (2000) Immunol. Today 21, 148-154.
- Coopman, P.J. et al. (2000) Nature 406, 742-747.
- Deckert, M. et al. (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 273, 8867-8874.
- Rao, N. et al. (2001) EMBO J. 20, 7085-7095.
- Law, C.L. et al. (1996) Mol. Cell. Biol. 16, 1305-1315.
- Zhang, J. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 35442-35447.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2715 Phospho-Syk (Tyr323) Antibody
- 2711 Phospho-Syk (Tyr525/526) Antibody
- 2701 Phospho-Zap-70 (Tyr319)/Syk (Tyr352) Antibody
- 2717 Phospho-Zap-70 (Tyr319)/Syk (Tyr352) (65E4) Rabbit mAb
- 9925 Phospho-Syk Antibody Sampler Kit
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 6485 Phospho-Syk (Tyr525/526) (C87C1) Rabbit mAb (PE Conjugate)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.