Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
Phospho-Syk (Tyr323) Antibody #2715
|2715S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2715P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2715||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Mouse.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Syk (Tyr323) Antibody detects endogenous levels of Syk only when phosphorylated at Tyr323. It does not cross-react with other tyrosine-phosphorylated members of the Syk/Zap-70 tyrosine kinase family.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Tyr323 of human Syk or Tyr317 of mouse Syk. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293T cells expressing recombinant wild-type or mutant Syk proteins, cotransfected with CD8, using Phospho-Syk (Tyr323) Antibody (upper) or Syk Antibody #2712 (lower). (Provided by Dr. Alagarsamy L. Reddi, laboratory of Dr. Hamid Band, Harvard University, Massachusetts.)
Syk is a protein tyrosine kinase that plays an important role in intracellular signal transduction in hematopoietic cells (1-3). Syk interacts with immunoreceptor tyrosine-based activation motifs (ITAMs) located in the cytoplasmic domains of immune receptors (4). It couples the activated immunoreceptors to downstream signaling events that mediate diverse cellular responses, including proliferation, differentiation, and phagocytosis (4). There is also evidence of a role for Syk in nonimmune cells and investigators have indicated that Syk is a potential tumor suppressor in human breast carcinomas (5). Tyr323 is a negative regulatory phosphorylation site within the SH2-kinase linker region in Syk. Phosphorylation at Tyr323 provides a direct binding site for the TKB domain of Cbl (6,7). Tyr352 of Syk is involved in the association of PLCγ1 (8). Tyr525 and Tyr526 are located in the activation loop of the Syk kinase domain; phosphorylation at Tyr525/526 of human Syk (equivalent to Tyr519/520 of mouse Syk) is essential for Syk function (9).
- Cheng, A.M. and Chan, A.C. (1997) Curr Opin Immunol 9, 528-33.
- Kurosaki, T. (1997) Curr Opin Immunol 9, 309-18.
- Chu, D.H. et al. (1998) Immunol Rev 165, 167-80.
- Turner, M. et al. (2000) Immunol Today 21, 148-54.
- Coopman, P.J. et al. (2000) Nature 406, 742-7.
- Deckert, M. et al. (1998) J Biol Chem 273, 8867-74.
- Rao, N. et al. (2001) EMBO J 20, 7085-95.
- Law, C.L. et al. (1996) Mol Cell Biol 16, 1305-15.
- Zhang, J. et al. (2000) J Biol Chem 275, 35442-7.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2701 Phospho-Zap-70 (Tyr319)/Syk (Tyr352) Antibody
- 2711 Phospho-Syk (Tyr525/526) Antibody
- 2712 Syk Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.