Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
SHIP1 (C15C9) Rabbit mAb #2725
|2725S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2725||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, F=Flow Cytometry
Specificity / Sensitivity
SHIP1 (C15C9) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total SHIP1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Pro1135 of human SHIP1.
Western blot analysis of extracts from RL and Molt4 cells using SHIP1 (C15C9) Rabbit mAb.
SH2-containing inositol phosphatase 1 (SHIP1) is a hematopoietic phosphatase that hydrolyzes phosphatidylinositol-3,4,5-triphosphate to phosphatidylinositol-3,4-bisphosphate (1). SHIP1 is a cytosolic phosphatase with an SH2 domain in its amino terminus and two NPXY Shc binding motifs in its carboxy terminus (1,2). Upon receptor cross-linking, SHIP is first recruited to the membrane junction through binding of its SH2 domain to the phospho-tyrosine in the ITIM motif (2), followed by tyrosine phosphorylation on the NPXY motif (2). The membrane relocalization and phosphorylation on the NPXY motif is essential for the regulatory function of SHIP1 (3-5). Its effect on calcium flux, cell survival, growth, cell cycle arrest and apoptosis is mediated through the PI3K and Akt pathways (3-5). Tyr1021 is located in one of the NPXY motifs in SHIP1, and its phosphorylation is important for SHIP1 function (6).
- Tridandapani, S. et al. (1997) Mol Cell Biol 17, 4305-11.
- Liu, L. et al. (1997) J Biol Chem 272, 8983-8.
- Malbec, O. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 30381-91.
- Carver, D.J. et al. (2000) Blood 96, 1449-56.
- Scharenberg, A.M. et al. (1998) EMBO J 17, 1961-72.
- Sattler, M. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 2451-8.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3941 Phospho-SHIP1 (Tyr1020) Antibody
- 2726 SHIP1 (P290) Antibody
- 2728 SHIP1 (D1163) Antibody
- 2727 SHIP1 (C40G9) Rabbit mAb
- 4058 Phospho-Akt (Ser473) (193H12) Rabbit mAb
- 9272 Akt Antibody
- 4292 PI3 Kinase p85 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
This antibody is developed, validated, and produced by CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063) from Epitomics, Inc.