Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
SHIP1 (P290) Antibody #2726
|W IP IF-IC F||H||Endogenous||145||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
SHIP1 (P290) Antibody detects endogenous levels of total SHIP1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Pro290 of human SHIP1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of total cell lysate from RL cells, using SHIP1 (P290) Antibody.
Flow cytometric analysis of RL cells, using SHIP1 (P290) Antibody (blue) compared to a nonspecific negative control antibody (red).
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of THP-1 (left) and Jurkat cells (right), using SHIP1 (P290) Antibody (red) and CD3 Antibody (green). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
SH2-containing inositol phosphatase 1 (SHIP1) is a hematopoietic phosphatase that hydrolyzes phosphatidylinositol-3,4,5-triphosphate to phosphatidylinositol-3,4-bisphosphate (1). SHIP1 is a cytosolic phosphatase with an SH2 domain in its amino terminus and two NPXY Shc binding motifs in its carboxy terminus (1,2). Upon receptor cross-linking, SHIP is first recruited to the membrane junction through binding of its SH2 domain to the phospho-tyrosine in the ITIM motif (2), followed by tyrosine phosphorylation on the NPXY motif (2). The membrane relocalization and phosphorylation on the NPXY motif is essential for the regulatory function of SHIP1 (3-5). Its effect on calcium flux, cell survival, growth, cell cycle arrest and apoptosis is mediated through the PI3K and Akt pathways (3-5). Tyr1021 is located in one of the NPXY motifs in SHIP1, and its phosphorylation is important for SHIP1 function (6).
- Tridandapani, S. et al. (1997) Mol Cell Biol 17, 4305-11.
- Liu, L. et al. (1997) J Biol Chem 272, 8983-8.
- Malbec, O. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 30381-91.
- Carver, D.J. et al. (2000) Blood 96, 1449-56.
- Scharenberg, A.M. et al. (1998) EMBO J 17, 1961-72.
- Sattler, M. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 2451-8.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3941 Phospho-SHIP1 (Tyr1020) Antibody
- 2728 SHIP1 (D1163) Antibody
- 4292 PI3 Kinase p85 Antibody
- 9272 Akt Antibody
- 4058 Phospho-Akt (Ser473) (193H12) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.