Product Pathways - Companion Products
Normal Rabbit IgG #2729
|2729S||250 µl||---||In Stock||---|
|2729||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Source / Purification
The purified antibody is not directed against any known antigen. It was isolated from naive rabbit sera and prepared by Protein A chromatography.
Chromatin immunoprecipitations were performed using digested chromatin from HeLa cells and either Histone H3 (D2B12) XP® Rabbit mAb (ChIP Formulated) #4620 (lane 2), Rpb1 CTD (4H8) Mouse mAb #2629 (lane 3), Di-Methyl Histone H3 (Lys9) Antibody #9753 (lane 4) or Normal Rabbit IgG #2729 (lane 5). Purified DNA was analyzed by standard PCR methods using SimpleChIP® Human RPL30 Exon 3 Primers #7014, SimpleChIP® Human MyoD1 Exon 1 Primers #4490, and SimpleChIP® Human a Satellite Repeat Primers #4486. PCR products were observed for each primer set in the input sample (lane 1) and various protein-specific immunoprecipitations but no PCR products were observed with immunoprecipitation using Normal Rabbit IgG #2729 (lane 5).
Chromatin immunoprecipitations were performed using digested chromatin from HeLa cells and the indicated antibodies. Purified DNA was analyzed by quantitative real-time PCR, using SimpleChIP® Human RPL30 Exon 3 Primers #7014, SimpleChIP® Human MyoD1 Exon 1 Primers #4490, and SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers #4486. The relative abundance of each DNA sequence enriched by Normal Rabbit IgG (red) is compared to the amount of the same DNA sequence enriched by the protein-specific immunoprecipitations.
Normal Rabbit IgG is an unconjugated rabbit polyclonal antibody that is routinely used as a non-specific IgG control in chromatin immunoprecipitation using our SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kits #9002 and #9003.
Normal Rabbit IgG is an isotype control antibody, which is used to estimate the non-specific binding of target primary antibodies due to Fc receptor binding or other protein-protein interactions. An isotype control antibody should have the same immunoglobulin type and be used at the same concentration as the test antibody.
- Kong, D.K. et al. (2010) Mol Biol Cell 21, 1335-49. Applications: Chromatin IP.
- Shukla, S. et al. (2011) Nature 479, 74-9. Applications: Chromatin IP.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9002 SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Agarose Beads)
- 9003 SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads)
- 9006 ChIP-Grade Protein G Magnetic Beads
- 9007 ChIP-Grade Protein G Agarose Beads
- 9725 Di-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys4) (C64G9) Rabbit mAb
- 9726 Di-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys4) Antibody
- 9751 Tri-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys4) (C42D8) Rabbit mAb
- 9753 Di-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys9) Antibody
- 4069 Pan-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys9) Antibody
- 9756 Tri-Methyl-Histone H3 (Lys27) Antibody
- 9649 Acetyl-Histone H3 (Lys9) (C5B11) Rabbit mAb
- 9677 Acetyl-Histone H3 (Lys9/Lys14) Antibody
- 2629 Rpb1 CTD (4H8) Mouse mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.