Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
SHIP2 Antibody #2730
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
SHIP2 Antibody detects the endogenous levels of total SHIP2 protein. It does not cross-react with SHIP1.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ala1083 of human SHIP2. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
SH2-containing inositol phosphatase 1 (SHIP1) is a hematopoietic phosphatase that hydrolyzes phosphatidylinositol-3,4,5-triphosphate to phosphatidylinositol-3,4-bisphosphate (1). SHIP1 is a cytosolic phosphatase with an SH2 domain in its amino terminus and two NPXY Shc binding motifs in its carboxy terminus (1,2). Upon receptor cross-linking, SHIP is first recruited to the membrane junction through binding of its SH2 domain to the phospho-tyrosine in the ITIM motif (2), followed by tyrosine phosphorylation on the NPXY motif (2). The membrane relocalization and phosphorylation on the NPXY motif is essential for the regulatory function of SHIP1 (3-5). Its effect on calcium flux, cell survival, growth, cell cycle arrest and apoptosis is mediated through the PI3K and Akt pathways (3-5). Tyr1021 is located in one of the NPXY motifs in SHIP1, and its phosphorylation is important for SHIP1 function (6).
SHIP2, a homolog of SHIP1, is highly expressed in heart, skeletal muscle and placenta (7). SHIP2 negatively regulates insulin signaling (8) and polymorphisms in SHIP2 have been linked to hyperglycemia (9). Recent studies also suggest SHIP2 as a therapeutic target for the treatment of both obesity and type 2 diabetes (10,11).
- Tridandapani, S. et al. (1997) Mol Cell Biol 17, 4305-11.
- Liu, L. et al. (1997) J Biol Chem 272, 8983-8.
- Malbec, O. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 30381-91.
- Carver, D.J. et al. (2000) Blood 96, 1449-56.
- Scharenberg, A.M. et al. (1998) EMBO J 17, 1961-72.
- Sattler, M. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 2451-8.
- Pesesse, X. et al. (1997) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 239, 697-700.
- Wada, T. et al. (2001) Mol. Cell Biol. 21, 1633-1646.
- Ishida, S. et al. (2006) Pancreas 33, 63-67.
- Dyson, J.M. et al. (2005) Int. J. Biochem. Cell Biol. 37, 2260-2265.
- Sasaoka, T. et al. (2006) Pharmacol Ther 112, 799-809.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2726 SHIP1 (P290) Antibody
- 2728 SHIP1 (D1163) Antibody
- 3941 Phospho-SHIP1 (Tyr1020) Antibody
- 4292 PI3 Kinase p85 Antibody
- 9272 Akt Antibody
- 4058 Phospho-Akt (Ser473) (193H12) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.