Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
Fes Antibody #2736
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Fes Antibody detects endogenous levels of Fes proteins. This antibody does not cross-react with other proteins.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Thr421 of human Fes. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Fes/Fps and Fer are the only two members of a unique family of cytoplasmic protein tyrosine kinases (1,2). Fps and Fer contain a central Src homology-2 (SH2) domain and a carboxy-terminal tyrosine kinase catalytic domain. They are structurally distinguished from other members of cytoplasmic protein tyrosine kinase subfamilies by the presence of amino-terminal Fer/CIP4 homology and coiled-coil domains (3). Fes/Fps was originally identified as an oncogene from avian (Fps) and feline (Fes) retroviruses. Human c-Fes has been implicated in myeloid, vascular endothelial and neuronal cell differentiation. Mutations may activate the Fps kinase and thereby contribute to cancer (4). However, recent data strongly suggests that the c-Fes protein-tyrosine kinase is a tumor suppressor rather than a dominant oncogene in colorectal cancer (5).
- Smithgall, T.E. et al. (1998) Crit. Rev. Oncog. 9, 43-62.
- Greer, P. (2002) Nat. Rev. Mol. Cell Biol. 3, 278-289.
- Sangrar, W. et al. (2005) Cancer Res. 65, 3518-3522.
- Ley, T.J. et al. (2003) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 100, 14275-14280.
- Delfino, F.J. et al. (2006) J. Biol. Chem. 281, 8829-8835.
- Alvarez-Errico, D. et al. (2011) J Immunol 187, 5577-86. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.