Product Pathways - Ca / cAMP / Lipid Signaling
Phospho-MARCKS (Ser152/156) Antibody #2741
|2741S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2741||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||75 mouse, rat. 80 human.||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-MARCKS (Ser152/156) Antibody detects endogenous levels of MARCKS only when phosphorylated at serines 152 and 156 .
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser152/156 of rat MARCKS. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Myristoylated Alanine-Rich C-Kinase Substrate (MARCKS) is a major PKC substrate expressed in many cell types. MARCKS has been implicated in cell motility, cell adhesion, phagocytosis, membrane traffic, and mitogenesis (1). PKC phosphorylates Ser159, 163, 167, and 170 of MARCKS in response to growth factors and oxidative stress. Phosphorylation at these sites regulates the calcium/calmodulin binding and filamentous (F)-actin cross-linking activities of MARCKS (2-4). Phosphorylation by PKC also results in translocation of MARCKS from the plasma membrane to the cytoplasm (5).
- Iwabu, A. et al. (2004) J Biol Chem 279, 14551-60. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Volmer, R. et al. (2006) PLoS Pathog 2, e19. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Park, J.A. et al. (2005) Am J Pathol 167, 651-61. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9371 Phospho-PKC (pan) (βII Ser660) Antibody
- 9374 Phospho-PKCδ (Thr505) Antibody
- 9378 Phospho-PKCζ/λ (Thr410/403) Antibody
- 9921 Phospho-PKC Antibody Sampler Kit
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.