Product Pathways - Ca / cAMP / Lipid Signaling
Phospho-MARCKS (Ser152/156) Antibody #2741
|W||H M R||Endogenous||75 mouse, rat. 80 human.||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-MARCKS (Ser152/156) Antibody detects endogenous levels of MARCKS only when phosphorylated at serines 152 and 156 .
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser152/156 of rat MARCKS. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Myristoylated Alanine-Rich C-Kinase Substrate (MARCKS) is a major PKC substrate expressed in many cell types. MARCKS has been implicated in cell motility, cell adhesion, phagocytosis, membrane traffic, and mitogenesis (1). PKC phosphorylates Ser159, 163, 167, and 170 of MARCKS in response to growth factors and oxidative stress. Phosphorylation at these sites regulates the calcium/calmodulin binding and filamentous (F)-actin cross-linking activities of MARCKS (2-4). Phosphorylation by PKC also results in translocation of MARCKS from the plasma membrane to the cytoplasm (5).
- Ramsden, J.J. (2000) Int J Biochem Cell Biol 32, 475-9.
- Heemskerk, F.M. et al. (1993) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 190, 236-41.
- Graff, J.M. et al. (1989) J Biol Chem 264, 21818-23.
- Hartwig, J.H. et al. (1992) Nature 356, 618-22.
- Thelen, M. et al. (1991) Nature 351, 320-2.
- Iwabu, A. et al. (2004) J Biol Chem 279, 14551-60. Applications: Western Blotting
- Volmer, R. et al. (2006) PLoS Pathog 2, e19. Applications: Western Blotting
- Park, J.A. et al. (2005) Am J Pathol 167, 651-61. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9371 Phospho-PKC (pan) (βII Ser660) Antibody
- 9374 Phospho-PKCδ (Thr505) Antibody
- 9378 Phospho-PKCζ/λ (Thr410/403) Antibody
- 9921 Phospho-PKC Antibody Sampler Kit
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.