Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
FEN-1 Antibody #2746
|W||H M R Mk||Endogenous||45||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
FEN-1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total FEN-1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids surrounding Lys313 of human FEN-1. Antibodies are purified by peptide affinity chromatography.
Flap endonuclease-1 (FEN-1) is a structure-specific nuclease with multiple functions in DNA processing pathways (1,2). The replication and DNA repair activities of FEN-1 are critical for genomic stability in the eukaryotic cell. Through interaction with proliferation cell nuclear antigen (PCNA), FEN-1 helps coordinate Okazaki fragment maturation by removing RNA-DNA primers (3). FEN-1 is also required for non-homologous end joining of double stranded DNA breaks in long patch base excision repair (4,5). The multi-functional activities of FEN-1 are regulated by various mechanisms, including protein partner interactions (6,7), post-translational modifications (8,9), and subcellular re-localization in response to cell cycle or DNA damage (10).
- Shen, B. et al. (2005) Bioessays 27, 717-729.
- Liu, Y. et al. (2004) Annu. Rev. Biochem. 73, 589-615.
- Sakurai, S. et al. (2005) EMBO J. 24, 683-693.
- Wu, X. et al. (1999) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 96, 1303-1308.
- Gary, R. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 4354-4363.
- Brosh, R.M. et al. (2001) EMBO J. 20, 5791-5801.
- Sharma, S. et al. (2004) J. Biol. Chem. 279, 9847-9856.
- Henneke, G. et al. (2003) Oncogene 22, 4301-4313.
- Hasan, S. et al. (2001) Mol. Cell 7, 1221-1231.
- Qiu, J. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 4901-4908.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2586 PCNA (PC10) Mouse mAb
- 2546 CDK2 (78B2) Rabbit mAb
- 2561 Phospho-CDK2 (Thr160) Antibody
- 9116 cdc2 (POH1) Mouse mAb
- 9112 cdc2 Antibody
- 4526 Phospho-ATM (Ser1981) (10H11.E12) Mouse mAb
- 2873 ATM (D2E2) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.