Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
c-Cbl Antibody #2747
|W IP IF-IC||H M R Mk (B)||Endogenous||120||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey B=Bovine
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
This antibody detects endogenous levels of total c-Cbl protein. The antibody may also cross-react with Cbl-b protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the carboxy terminus of human c-Cbl. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of lysates from MCF-7, Raji, THP-1, RAW, COS and H-4-II-E cells, using c-CBL antibody.
The c-Cbl proto-oncogene is a ubiquitously expressed cytoplasmic adaptor protein that is especially predominant in hematopoietic cells (1,2). c-Cbl is rapidly tyrosine-phosphorylated in response to stimulation of a variety of cell-surface receptors and becomes associated with a number of intracellular signaling molecules such as protein tyrosine kinases, phosphatidylinositol-3 kinase, Crk, and 14-3-3 proteins (3,4). c-Cbl possesses a highly conserved amino-terminal phosphotyrosine binding domain (TKB) and a C3HC4 RING finger motif. The TKB recognizes phosphorylated tyrosines on activated receptor tyrosine kinases (RTKs) as well as other nonreceptor tyrosine kinases. The RING finger motif recruits ubiquitin-conjugating enzymes. These two domains are primarily responsible for the ubiquitin ligase activity of c-Cbl and downregulation of RTKs (3). Research studies have indicated that in human cancer tissues, c-Cbl is frequently tyrosine-phosphorylated in a tumor-specific manner (5). Phosphorylation of Tyr731 of c-Cbl provides a docking site for downstream signaling components such as p85 and Fyn (6).
- Blake, T.J. et al. (1991) Oncogene 6, 653-657.
- Thien, C.B. and Langdon, W.Y. (1998) Immunol. Cell Biol. 76, 473-482.
- Christine, B.F. et al. (2001) Nat. Rev. Mol. Cell Biol. 2, 294-307.
- Feshchenko, E.A. et al. (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 273, 8323-8331.
- Kamei, T. et al. (2000) Int. J. Oncol. 17, 335-339.
- Hunter, C. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 2097-2106.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2179 c-Cbl (C49H8) Rabbit mAb
- 3554 Phospho-c-Cbl (Tyr731) Antibody
- 3555 Phospho-c-Cbl (Tyr774) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 4292 PI3 Kinase p85 Antibody
- 4252 PI3 Kinase p110γ Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.