Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
Phospho-Lck (Tyr505) Antibody #2751
|W IP||H M||Endogenous||56||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Lck (Tyr505) Antibody detects endogenous levels of Lck only when phosphorylated at Tyr505. This antibody may cross-react with certain phosphorylated Src family members due to high sequence homology.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Tyr505 of human Lck. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The Src family of protein tyrosine kinases, which includes Src, Lyn, Fyn, Yes, Lck, Blk, and Hck, are important in the regulation of growth and differentiation of eukaryotic cells (1). Src activity is regulated by tyrosine phosphorylation at two sites, but with opposing effects. While phosphorylation at Tyr416 in the activation loop of the kinase domain upregulates enzyme activity, phosphorylation at Tyr527 in the carboxy-terminal tail by Csk renders the enzyme less active (2).
Lck is essential for T-lymphocyte activation and differentiation (3,4). Phosphorylation of Tyr505 in the carboxy-terminal tail of Lck downregulates its catalytic activity, while phosphorylation of Tyr394 leads to an increase in Lck activity (5).
- Thomas, S.M. and Brugge, J.S. (1997) Annu. Rev. Cell Dev. Biol. 13, 513-609.
- Hunter, T. (1987) Cell 49, 1-4.
- Molina, T. J. et al. (1992) Nature 357, 161-164.
- Straus, D. B. et al. (1992) Cell 70, 585-593.
- Chow, L. M. et al. (1993) Nature 365, 156-160.
- Harr, M.W. et al. (2010) Cell Death Differ 17, 1381-91. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2101 Phospho-Src Family (Tyr416) Antibody
- 2102 Non-phospho-Src (Tyr416) (7G9) Mouse mAb
- 2752 Lck Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.