Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
Fgr Antibody #2755
|W IP F||H||Endogenous||56||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Fgr Antibody detects endogenous levels of total Fgr proteins. This antibody does not cross-react with other proteins.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues close to the amino terminus of human Fgr. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Fgr is a member of the Src tyrosine kinase family. It has a membrane-associated amino-terminal domain that is highly divergent from other family members, internal conserved SH2 and SH3 domains and a highly conserved carboxy-terminal tyrosine kinase catalytic domain (1,2). Tyrosine 412 is located in the activation loop, and phosphorylation of this residue is critical for the activation of Fgr tyrosine kinase activity. c-Fgr is predominantly expressed in cells of hematopoietic origin including differentiated myeloid cells, NK and B cells (3,4). Fgr plays an important role in the signaling cascade from membrane receptors lacking intrinsic tyrosine kinase activity such as Bcr, FcR, and the integrin family of receptors (5). It was demonstrated that Fgr functions as a selective inhibitor of beta2 integrin-mediated signaling and Syk kinase function in monocytes (5).
- Willman, C.L. et al. (1991) Blood 77, 726-734.
- Patel, M. et al. (1991) Pathobiology 59, 289-292.
- Wechsler, R.J. and Monroe, J.G. (1995) J. Immunol. 154, 3234-3244.
- Notario, V. et al. (1989) J. Cell Biol. 109, 3129-3136.
- Vines, C.M. et al. (2001) Immunity 15, 507-519.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2101 Phospho-Src Family (Tyr416) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.