Product Pathways - Development
Numb (C44B4) Rabbit mAb #2761
|W IP IF-IC F||H||Endogenous||72, 74||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Numb (C44B4) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of Numb protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Phe482 of human Numb protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa and SK-OV-3 cells using Numb (C44B4) Rabbit mAb.
Flow cytometric analysis of A-204 cells using Numb (C44B4) Rabbit mAb (blue) compared to a nonspecific negative control antibody (red).
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of HeLa cells using Numb (C44B4) Rabbit mAb (green). Actin filaments have been labeled with DY-554 phalloidin (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5™ (fluorescent DNA dye).
Numb contains an amino-terminal phosphotyrosine-binding (PTB) domain and carboxy-terminal endocytic binding motifs for α-adaptin and EH (Eps15 homology) domain-containing proteins, indicating a role in endocytosis (1,2). There are four mammalian Numb splicing isoforms that are differentially expressed and may have distinct functions (3-5). Numb acts as a negative regulator of Notch signaling by promoting ubiquitination and degradation of Notch (6). The protein is asymmetrically segregated into one daughter cell during cell division, producing two daughter cells with different responses to Notch signaling and different cell fates (7,8). The localization of Numb can also be regulated by G-protein coupled receptor (GPCR) and PKC signaling (9).
- Berdnik, D. et al. (2002) Dev. Cell 3, 221-231.
- Santolini, E. et al. (2000) J. Cell Biol. 151, 1345-1352.
- Dho, S.E. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 33097-33104.
- Verdi, J.M. et al. (1999) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 96, 10472-10476.
- Toriya, M. et al. (2006) Dev. Neurosci. 28, 142-155.
- McGill, M.A. and McGlade, C.J. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278, 23196-23203.
- Verdi, J.M. et al. (1996) Curr. Biol. 6, 1134-1145.
- Reugels, A.M. et al. (2006) Dev. Dyn. 235, 934-948.
- Dho, S.E. et al. (2006) Mol. Biol. Cell 17, 4142-4155.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2421 Cleaved Notch1 (Val1744) Antibody
- 2423 Notch4 (L5C5) Mouse mAb
- 2588 DLL1 Antibody
- 2483 DLL3 (G93) Antibody
- 2589 DLL4 Antibody
- 2155 Jagged1 (1C4) Rabbit mAb
- 2620 Jagged1 (28H8) Rabbit mAb
- 2210 Jagged2 (C23D2) Rabbit mAb
- 2205 Jagged2 (C83A8) Rabbit mAb
- 4608 MAML1 Antibody
- 4618 MAML2 Antibody
- 2756 Numb (C29G11) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 4147 Cleaved Notch1 (Val1744) (D3B8) Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.