Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Bcl-xL Antibody #2762
|W IP||H M R Mk||Endogenous||30||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Bcl-xL Antibody detects endogenous levels of total Bcl-xL protein. The antibody does not cross-react with other Bcl-2 family members.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Asp61 of human Bcl-xL. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from Jurkat (human), NIH/3T3 (mouse) or C6 (rat) cells, untreated or etoposide-treated (25 µM, Jurkat) or staurosporine-treated (1 µM, NIH/3T3 and C6), using Bcl-xL Antibody.
Bcl-xL prevents apoptosis through two different mechanisms: heterodimerization with an apoptotic protein inhibits its apoptotic effect (1,2) and formation of mitochondrial outer membrane pores help maintain a normal membrane state under stressful conditions (3). Bcl-xL is phosphorylated by JNK following treatment with microtubule-damaging agents such as paclitaxel, vinblastine and nocodazole (4,5).
- Adams, J.M. and Cory, S. (1998) Science 281, 1322-1326.
- Minn, A.J. et al. (1999) EMBO. J. 18, 632-643.
- Vander Heiden, M.G. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 19414-19419.
- Fan, M. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 29980-29985.
- Poruchynsky, M.S. et al. (1998) Cancer Res. 58, 3331-3338.
- Su, F. et al. (2002) WISP-1 attenuates p53-mediated apoptosis in response to DNA damage through activation of the Akt kinase. Genes Dev. 16 (1), 46-57. Applications: Western Blotting
- Leu, J. I. et al. (2004) Mitochondrial p53 activates Bak and causes disruption of a Bak-Mcl1 complex. Nat. Cell. Biol. 6, 443-450. Applications: IP Western Blotting
- Yang, C. C. et al. (2003) Bcl-xL mediates a survival mechanism independent of the phosphoinositide 3-kinase/Akt pathway in prostate cancer cells. J. Biol. Chem. 278, 25872-25878. Applications: Western Blotting
- Widenmaier, S.B. et al. (2009) J Biol Chem 284, 30372-82. Applications: Western Blotting
- Son, J.K. et al. (2010) Cell Death Differ 17, 1288-301. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 1225 Bcl-xL Blocking Peptide
- 2002 BID Antibody (Human Specific)
- 2003 BID Antibody (Mouse Specific)
- 2772 Bax Antibody
- 4592 Bik Antibody
- 9292 Bad Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.