Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Bcl-xL Antibody #2762
|2762S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2762||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||30||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
Bcl-xL Antibody detects endogenous levels of total Bcl-xL protein. The antibody does not cross-react with other Bcl-2 family members.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Asp61 of human Bcl-xL. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from Jurkat (human), NIH/3T3 (mouse) or C6 (rat) cells, untreated or etoposide-treated (25 µM, Jurkat) or staurosporine-treated (1 µM, NIH/3T3 and C6), using Bcl-xL Antibody.
Bcl-xL prevents apoptosis through two different mechanisms: heterodimerization with an apoptotic protein inhibits its apoptotic effect (1,2) and formation of mitochondrial outer membrane pores help maintain a normal membrane state under stressful conditions (3). Bcl-xL is phosphorylated by JNK following treatment with microtubule-damaging agents such as paclitaxel, vinblastine and nocodazole (4,5).
- Su, F. et al. (2002) Genes Dev. 16 (1), 46-57. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Leu, J. I. et al. (2004) Nat. Cell. Biol. 6, 443-450. Applications: Western Blotting, IP.
- Yang, C. C. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278, 25872-25878. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Widenmaier, S.B. et al. (2009) J Biol Chem 284, 30372-82. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Son, J.K. et al. (2010) Cell Death Differ 17, 1288-301. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 1225 Bcl-xL Blocking Peptide
- 2002 BID Antibody (Human Specific)
- 2003 BID Antibody (Mouse Specific)
- 2772 Bax Antibody
- 4592 Bik Antibody
- 9292 Bad Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.