Product Pathways - Development
MESDC2 (C22F5) Rabbit mAb #2763
|W IP||H M R Mk||Endogenous||25, 26||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
MESDC2 (C22F5) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total MESDC2 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a recombinant human MESDC2 protein.
Mesoderm development candidate genes 1 (MESDC1) and 2 (MESDC2) were identified from the mesoderm development (MESD) deletion interval located on mouse chromosome 7 (1). MESD acts as a chaperone for low-density lipoprotein receptor (LDLR) proteins in the ER, and particularly associates with Wnt signaling pathway coreceptors LRP5 and LPR6 (2). MESD is required for proper LRP5/6 folding and maturation to the cell surface, which plays a major role in Wnt signaling (3-5). The interaction between MESD and LRP5 is disrupted by a G171V mutation in LRP5 that is found in individuals with a familial phenotype characterized by high bone mass (6).
- Wines, M.E. et al. (2001) Genomics 72, 88-98.
- Hsieh, J.C. et al. (2003) Cell 112, 355-67.
- Herz, J. and Marschang, P. (2003) Cell 112, 289-92.
- Li, Y. et al. (2006) FEBS Lett 580, 5423-8.
- Li, Y. et al. (2005) J Cell Sci 118, 5305-14.
- Zhang, Y. et al. (2004) Mol Cell Biol 24, 4677-84.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2151 Axin2 (76G6) Rabbit mAb
- 9582 β-Catenin (6B3) Rabbit mAb
- 9581 β-Catenin Antibody (Amino-terminal Antigen)
- 9587 β-Catenin Antibody (Carboxy-terminal Antigen)
- 2568 Phospho-LRP6 (Ser1490) Antibody
- 2560 LRP6 (C5C7) Rabbit mAb
- 2721 Wnt3a (C64F2) Rabbit mAb
- 2530 Wnt5a/b (C27E8) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.