Product Pathways - Translational Control
Ribosomal Protein L13a Antibody #2765
|2765S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2765||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
Ribosomal Protein L13a Antibody detects endogenous levels of total ribosomal protein L13a.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human ribosomal protein L13a. Antibodies are purified by peptide affinity chromatography.
Ribosomal protein L13a (RPL13a, 60S ribosomal protein L13a) is a member of the L13 ribosomal protein family and a structural component of the 60S ribosomal subunit (1). RPL13a appears to play an important role in transcript-specific translational silencing. Interferon-γ induces the phosphorylation of RPL13a and triggers the release of this protein from the 60S ribosomal subunit (2). Free RPL13a protein binds to the GAIT (interferon-γ-activated inhibitor of translation) complex at the 3'-UTR of ceruloplasmin (Cp) mRNA to repress Cp expression (2). RPL13a bound to the GAIT complex interacts with eIF4G, which prevents the recruitment of 43S ribosomal subunit and results in transcript-specific translation suppression (3).
- Fuchs, G. et al. (2011) J Mol Biol 410, 118-30. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2199 MRPL11 Antibody
- 2415 Ribosomal Protein L7a (E109) Antibody
- 2403 Ribosomal Protein L7a (R225) Antibody
- 2579 Ribosomal Protein S3 Antibody
- 4858 Phospho-S6 Ribosomal Protein (Ser235/236) (D57.2.2E) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2317 S6 Ribosomal Protein (54D2) Mouse mAb
- 2217 S6 Ribosomal Protein (5G10) Rabbit mAb
- 9918 Translational Control Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.