Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Bax Antibody (Human Specific) #2774
|W IP IHC-P||H Mk||Endogenous||20||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Bax Antibody (Human-Specific) detects endogenous levels of total Bax protein. Cross-reativity was not detected with other family members at physiological conditions.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding lysine 58 of human Bax. Antibodies were purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293, HT-1080 and Raji cell lines using Bax Antibody #2772 (left) and Bax Antibody (Human Specific) #2774 (right).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma using Bax Antibody (Human Specific).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma using Bax Antibody (Human Specific).
Bax is a key component for cellular induced apoptosis through mitochondrial stress (1). Upon apoptotic stimulation, Bax forms oligomers and translocates from the cytosol to the mitochondrial membrane (2). Through interactions with pore proteins on the mitochondrial membrane, Bax increases the membrane's permeability, which leads to the release of cytochrome c from mitochondria, activation of caspase-9 and initiation of the caspase activation pathway for apoptosis (3,4).
- Wei, M.C. et al. (2001) Science 292, 727-730.
- Jurgensmeier, J.M. et al. (1998) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 95, 4997-5002.
- Narita, M. et al. (1998) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 95, 14681-14686.
- Marzo, I. et al. (1998) Science 281, 2027-2031.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2772 Bax Antibody
- 6321 SignalSilence® Bax siRNA I
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.