Product Pathways - Jak/Stat Pathway
SOCS2 Antibody #2779
|2779S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2779||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||22||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Monkey.
Specificity / Sensitivity
SOCS2 Antibody detects endogenous levels of SOCS2 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues at the carboxyl terminus of human SOCS2. Antibodies are purified by peptide affinity chromatography.
The suppressor of cytokine signaling (SOCS) family members are negative regulators of cytokine signal transduction that inhibit the Jak/Stat pathway (1-3). The SOCS family consists of at least 8 members including the originally identified cytokine-inducible SH2-containing protein (CIS1), as well as SOCS1-7. Each SOCS family member contains a central SH2 domain and a conserved carboxy-terminal motif designated as the SOCS box. These proteins are important regulators of cytokine signaling, proliferation, differentiation, and immune responses.
Activity of SOCS2 has been predominantly linked to growth hormone (GH) and insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1) signaling but may also contribute to several biological processes including metabolism, bone formation, neuronal development, cancer, infection and other cytokine-dependent pathways (5). SOCS2 is widely expressed in adult and fetal tissues and is induced upon cytokine treatment (5,6). A number of studies suggest that SOCS2 can have either a positive or negative effect on GH/cytokine signaling (7-10). Mice deficient in SOCS2 grow signficantly larger than normal littermates (8). SOCS2 binds to tyrosine-phosphorylated GH and IGF-1 receptors via its SH2 domain, suppressing their signaling (6,9). In addition, the SOCS box of SOCS2 binds to Elongin B and C leading to activity as a ubiquitin ligase, promoting the degradation of the receptors as well as other SOCS family members (11-13).
- Alexander, W.S. et al. (1999) J Leukoc Biol 66, 588-92.
- Chen, X.P. et al. (2000) Immunity 13, 287-90.
- Hilton, D.J. et al. (1998) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 95, 114-9.
- Rico-Bautista, E. et al. (2006) Cytokine Growth Factor Rev 17, 431-9.
- Starr, R. et al. (1997) Nature 387, 917-21.
- Dey, B.R. et al. (1998) J Biol Chem 273, 24095-101.
- Favre, H. et al. (1999) FEBS Lett 453, 63-6.
- Metcalf, D. et al. (2000) Nature 405, 1069-73.
- Greenhalgh, C.J. et al. (2002) J Biol Chem 277, 40181-4.
- Greenhalgh, C.J. et al. (2005) J Clin Invest 115, 397-406.
- Tannahill, G.M. et al. (2005) Mol Cell Biol 25, 9115-26.
- Bullock, A.N. et al. (2006) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103, 7637-42.
- Piessevaux, J. et al. (2006) J Biol Chem 281, 32953-66.
- Posselt, G. et al. (2011) J Immunol 187, 2875-84. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3331 Phospho-Jak1 (Tyr1022/1023) Antibody
- 3344 Jak1 (6G4) Rabbit mAb
- 3771 Phospho-Jak2 (Tyr1007/1008) Antibody
- 3775 Jak3 Antibody
- 9321 Phospho-Tyk2 (Tyr1054/1055) Antibody
- 9945 Jak Isoform Sampler Kit
- 9914 Phospho-Stat Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9939 Stat Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9312 Tyk2 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.