Product Pathways - Apoptosis
PEA-15 Antibody #2780
|W IP||H M R Mk||Endogenous||15||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
PEA-15 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total PEA-15 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding residue surrounding Leu60 of human PEA-15. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
PEA-15 is a 15 kDa phosphoprotein expressed abundantly in astrocytes and fibroblasts as well as in tissues, including the lung and eye (1). The protein has been shown to coordinate cell growth, death, and glucose ultilization (2-4). The amino-terminal DED domain of PEA-15 mediates its binding to FADD or Erk and futher regulates the Erk and apoptosis signaling pathways. PEA-15 can be phosphorylated at two serine residues, Ser104 and Ser116, located within the carboxy terminus. Phosphorylation at these sites regulates binding to Erk and FADD (2,3).
- Danziger, N. et al. (1995) J. Neurochem. 64, 1016-1025.
- Krueger, J. et al. (2005) Mol. Biol. Cell 16, 3552-3561.
- Renganathan, H. et al. (2005) Biochem. J. 390, 729-735.
- Condorelli, G. et al. (1998) EMBO J. 17, 3858-3866.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2776 Phospho-PEA-15 (Ser104) Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.