Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Phospho-FADD (Ser194) Antibody (Human Specific) #2781
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-FADD (Ser194) Antibody (Human Specific) detects endogenous levels of human FADD protein only when phosphorylated at serine 194.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser194 of human FADD. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Fas-associated death domain (FADD or Mort 1) functions as an important adaptor in coupling death signaling from membrane receptors, such as the Fas ligand and TNF family (DR3, DR4 and DR5), to caspase-8 (1,2). FADD has a carboxy-terminal death domain, which interacts with the cytoplasmic tail of the membrane receptor, and an amino-terminal death effector domain, which interacts with caspase-8. Clustering of the receptors upon stimulation brings about FADD and caspase-8 oligomerization, activating the caspase signaling pathway. Human FADD is phosphorylated mainly at Ser194, while mouse FADD is phosphorylated at Ser191. In both cases, the phosphorylation is cell cycle-dependent (3) and may be related to its regulatory role in embryonic development and cell cycle progression (4,5).
- Ashkenazi, A. and Dixit, V.M. (1998) Science 281, 1305-1308.
- Kuang, A. A. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 25065-25068.
- Scaffidi, C. et al. (2000) J. Immunol. 164, 1236-1242.
- Newton, K. et al. (2000) EMBO J. 19, 931-941.
- Zhang, J. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 29815-29818.
- Papoff, G. et al. (2010) Biochim Biophys Acta 1803, 898-911. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2782 FADD Antibody (Human Specific)
- 9746 Caspase-8 (1C12) Mouse mAb
- 9748 Cleaved Caspase-8 (Asp384) (11G10) Mouse mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.