Product Pathways - Apoptosis
FADD Antibody (Human Specific) #2782
|2782S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|2782||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
FADD Antibody (Human Specific) detects endogenous levels of human FADD protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser194 of human FADD. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Fas-associated death domain (FADD or Mort 1) functions as an important adaptor in coupling death signaling from membrane receptors, such as the Fas ligand and TNF family (DR3, DR4 and DR5), to caspase-8 (1,2). FADD has a carboxy-terminal death domain, which interacts with the cytoplasmic tail of the membrane receptor, and an amino-terminal death effector domain, which interacts with caspase-8. Clustering of the receptors upon stimulation brings about FADD and caspase-8 oligomerization, activating the caspase signaling pathway. Human FADD is phosphorylated mainly at Ser194, while mouse FADD is phosphorylated at Ser191. In both cases, the phosphorylation is cell cycle-dependent (3) and may be related to its regulatory role in embryonic development and cell cycle progression (4,5).
- Uriarte, S.M. et al. (2005) Cell Death and Differentiation 12, 233-42. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Swindall, A.F. and Bellis, S.L. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 22982-90. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2781 Phospho-FADD (Ser194) Antibody (Human Specific)
- 9746 Caspase-8 (1C12) Mouse mAb
- 9748 Cleaved Caspase-8 (Asp384) (11G10) Mouse mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.