Product Pathways - Metabolism
Pyruvate Dehydrogenase Antibody #2784
|W IF-IC||H M R Mk||Endogenous||43||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Pyruvate Dehydrogenase Antibody detects endogenous levels of total α1 and α2 subunits of pyruvate dehydrogenase protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequences of both α1 and α2 subunits of human pyruvate dehydrogenase. Antibodies are purified by peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell types using Pyruvate Dehydrogenase Antibody.
The pyruvate dehydrogenase complex catalyzes the conversion of pyruvate and CoA into acetyl-CoA and CO2 in the presence of NAD+. Acetyl-CoA then goes into the citric acid cycle where it reacts with oxaloacetate to form citrate. Acetyl-CoA is also used for fatty acid and cholesterol biosynthesis. The reaction of oxidative decarboxylation of pyruvate therefore serves as a critical link between glycolysis and the citric acid cycle and lipid metabolism. In mammalian cells, the pyruvate dehydrogenase complex is located in the mitochondrial matrix (1). This complex is comprised of three enzymes: pyruvate dehydrogenase (E1), dihydrolipoamide acetyltransferase (E2) and dihydrolipoamide dehydrogenase (E3). Pyruvate dehydrogenase (E1) consists of two subunits: α and β. This enzyme catalyzes the removal of CO2 from pyruvate. Mutations in the α subunits of pyruvate dehydrogenase (E1) lead to congenital defects that are usually associated with lactic acidosis, neurodegeneration and early death (2).
- Strumiło, S. (2005) Acta Biochim Pol 52, 759-64.
- Stacpoole, P.W. et al. (2003) Curr Gene Ther 3, 239-45.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3188 Aldolase A Antibody
- 2118 GAPDH (14C10) Rabbit mAb
- 2804 Hexokinase I Antibody
- 2106 Hexokinase II Antibody
- 3198 PKM2 Antibody
- 3186 PKM1/2 Antibody
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.